Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Rangers, 06/30/2013

Re: Reds vs. Rangers, 06/30/2013

The Reds scored 93 runs in 27 games in June. They scored 25 of those runs in a four-game series at Wrigley Field. So against everyone but the Cubs, the club scored 68 runs in 23 games, good for 2.97 runs/game.

Not counting today, the team ran up a slash line for June of .235/.300/.381. BABIP was .272, which is low (season is roughly .290) but not completely out of whack. In May, the club had a team OBP of .350, an OPS 100 points higher, and scored 136 runs.

Nice work, fellas. You've been a joy to watch.

2. Likes:

Kc61 (06-30-2013),TheBigLebowski (06-30-2013),WVRedsFan (06-30-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    A healthy JC against Martin perez? I think I'd win at least 1/2 those games, and since you're giving me odds, I'd come out ahead. I don't think you remember how good a healthy Cueto is.
    This is not me discounting Cueto in any way. This is me taking all factors into account.

Check the Vegas lines on yesterday's game. We were not favored.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    The Reds scored 93 runs in 27 games in June. They scored 25 of those runs in a four-game series at Wrigley Field. So against everyone but the Cubs, the club scored 68 runs in 23 games, good for 2.97 runs/game.

Not counting today, the team ran up a slash line for June of .235/.300/.381. BABIP was .272, which is low (season is roughly .290) but not completely out of whack. In May, the club had a team OBP of .350, an OPS 100 points higher, and scored 136 runs.

Says it all.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

There is one extra day in May ----
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    This is not me discounting Cueto in any way. This is me taking all factors into account.

Check the Vegas lines on yesterday's game. We were not favored.
    1. Not talking about yesterday's game, talking about Friday's.

2 I didn't say we should be favored, the whole premise is your statement in Post #292 that odds would be against us with a healthy Cueto.
    3. Don't know how the boys in Vegas set the line for Friday's game but I wouldn't be surpised if Texas was favored because this was not a healthy Cueto. This was a Cueto returning from yet another injury who had just been bombed in his last game. If this were JC from a year ago coming off a string of superb performances I bet we would have been favored, and if not, I would have jumped all over it.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Just don't see it as being that big a deal. Certainly not worth bashing Baker over time and time again.
    I'd like to see some data on the guys who have hit in front of Votto during this prime of his career. I don't see how you could say it's not a big deal to constantly have guys who can't get on base batting in front of one of the best hitters in this generation.

Like I said, I'm not one who looks for anything and everything to jump on Baker about. Not my thing. But this is one area that makes no sense whatsoever to me.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I'm pretty well full of GIDP's in big moments and bad outs with RISP...

Baseball = hard
    RBI = good
    Contenders = do it
    Pretenders = do not

Rounding third and heading for home...

10. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (06-30-2013)

1. Not talking about yesterday's game, talking about Friday's.

2 I didn't say we should be favored, the whole premise is your statement in Post #292 that odds would be against us with a healthy Cueto.
    3. Don't know how the boys in Vegas set the line for Friday's game but I wouldn't be surpised if Texas was favored because this was not a healthy Cueto. This was a Cueto returning from yet another injury who had just been bombed in his last game. If this were JC from a year ago coming off a string of superb performances I bet we would have been favored, and if not, I would have jumped all over it.
    1. Sorry, but it should be obvious we were referencing the game in which Cueto started, unless I totally misunderstood your premise.

2. Even if this is Cueto at his absolute best, he's still an underdog on the road against a playoff-caliber team like the Rangers.

3. If you admit we shouldn't have been favored yet you want to be my bookie because I would take Texas....I would welcome you as my bookie.

We're getting a bit argumentative here, I fear. I mean no disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I'd like to see some data on the guys who have hit in front of Votto during this prime of his career. I don't see how you could say it's not a big deal to constantly have guys who can't get on base batting in front of one of the best hitters in this generation.

Like I said, I'm not one who looks for anything and everything to jump on Baker about. Not my thing. But this is one area that makes no sense whatsoever to me.
    If you had pete Rose or Derek Jeter to plug in their it would make a difference. If your choices are Cozart, heisey or Paul, not worth beating the subject to death. If Ludwick hadn't gotten hurt Choo and phillips would be at the top. But he got hurt, and playing around with the batting order isn't going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post

We're getting a bit argumentative here, I fear. I mean no disrespect.
    None taken. Just two Reds fans arguing about odds.

14. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (06-30-2013)

None taken. Just two Reds fans arguing about odds.
    None here either. Cheers.

July will be better.

Has to be.

So I guess that they aren't in a position like, say, a Washington, or San Fran, or LA, or other teams that much was expected but are currently around or below .500, is something to be grateful for as a fan of a playoff hopeful.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    So I guess that they aren't in a position like, say, a Washington, or San Fran, or LA, or other teams that much was expected but are currently around or below .500, is something to be grateful for as a fan of a playoff hopeful.
    This....is an excellent point. But I do wish they win a series against a good team, just to give me a little hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    This....is an excellent point. But I do wish they win a series against a good team, just to give me a little hope.
    No doubt the performance against the good teams is disappointing, but I will use the most recent poor performance as playing good teams on the road, which is tough to win series'. They were one horrendous Chapman outing away from winning a series in the desert and a 3-5 road trip. I am disappointed, but still trying to keep perspective.

Of course, we are not winning series against good teams at home either, but I digress.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?