Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston I think we might have a problem...St Louis discussion on Redszone

Houston I think we might have a problem...St Louis discussion on Redszone

I absolutely agree with the notion that all fans are welcome on redszone as long as they contribute to high quality discussion.

I'm a mariners fan and often mariners stuff gets brought up on redszone. But I am also a reds fan and my posts are redscentric, there are actually lots of interesting ties between the two organizations (beyond Jr), and rarely is mariners stuff posted just for the sake of discussing mariners stuff. Though, since the topic of mariners stuff has now been brought up, I would like to take this opportunity to say I don't like Eric Wedge a whole lot.

Anyway, I wonder if the Cardinals talk is becoming too excessive and is trending toward Cardinals talk just for the sake of discussing cardinals talk and I'm wondering if something needs to be done address this issue?
    Last edited by jojo; 06-10-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Likes:

foxfire123 (06-10-2013),RedEye (06-10-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Houston I think we might have a problem...St Louis discussion on Redszone

I would say that it is becoming pretty excessive yes.

5. Likes:

foxfire123 (06-10-2013),HeatherC1212 (06-11-2013),RedEye (06-10-2013)

Yes, it is definitely becoming excessive. I agree that the board should be open to fans of all stripes, but not in order to dominate with discussion about another team. I'd feel the same way if jojo were constantly starting M's threads all the time.
    Last edited by RedEye; 06-10-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Extremely excessive. And I admit I've been reporting posts 5-6 times a week rather than the 2 or 3 a YEAR I used to. I do read the Cardinal centric threads, but I've been refraining from doing any posting in them because I know my smart*** mouth will get *me* into trouble, and I also don't want to encourage them any more.

There is one Reds fan that I think is baiting them, and a couple Cards fans who I feel are only on here to gloat, snark and cause trouble. There are a few Cards fans on here that I can tolerate pretty well. (Mike is one who immediately comes to mind)
    Last edited by foxfire123; 06-10-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spellcheck and clarification

8. Likes:

RedEye (06-10-2013)

Just to clarify, do we now have a thread discussing the fact that we are discussing the Cardinals too much?

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (07-11-2013),redsfandan (06-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Just to clarify, do we now have a thread discussing the fact that we are discussing the Cardinals too much?

Well many threads end up on that topic. It is just that this one is dedicated to it Judging by the title I thought this was going to be an Astros thread. I believe Sosh addressed this issue by setting up a sub-forum for discussing the rest of the league with threads for each team (though it has been a while since I checked in over there so my memory could be faulty on this).

There have been some good points made here. If you want my opinion, speaking strictly as someone who enjoys reading this site and not as an administrator, it has been excessive. GIK and I have always made it clear that fans of other teams are welcome here - provided they follow the same basic rules that apply to everyone and they keep in mind they are guests here. Some of our Cardinals fans do a fine job on both accounts, but some of the newer ones do not, and the moderating staff is keeping a very close eye on them. But to the main point of this thread, yes, I do feel there's been over saturation of Cardinals talk as of late. In hindsight, I wish I had closed down some of the recent Reds/Cardinals threads that clearly were not covering any new ground or promoting quality discussion.

13. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-11-2013),jmac (07-11-2013),LexRedsFan (06-10-2013),RedEye (06-12-2013)

Thank You Boss.

15. Likes:

RedEye (06-12-2013)

Thanks Boss. I think part of the problem was that certain threads made it too easy for new Cards fans joining the board to stand out and apart rather than integrate like posters such as Mike T have done.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Well, I know one thing. It wasn't Cardinals fans who started all these Reds-Cardinals threads. If these threads are problems, shut them down. Mods and admins have the power to do that. If it stifles discussion, so be it. Not everybody will be happy about it but it's Boss and GIK's board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-11-2013),RedlegJake (06-16-2013)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one noticing that lately. I thought I was being oversensitive or something.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

You'll come to appreciate it. I've been on many sports forums that died because of the lack of variety, insular thinking, etc. The posters who stink will eventually fail to get the same satisfaction from boasting and disappear. Leaving the friendly productive Cardinals fans.

21. Likes:

New York Red (06-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Well many threads end up on that topic. It is just that this one is dedicated to it Judging by the title I thought this was going to be an Astros thread. I believe Sosh addressed this issue by setting up a sub-forum for discussing the rest of the league with threads for each team (though it has been a while since I checked in over there so my memory could be faulty on this).
    Hmmm. I wouldn't do that myself. Let's face it, if there's a thread for EVERY team, well, there's quite a few teams that wouldn't get much attention. But, if you have one for the the rest of the NL Central teams then that's an easy place to put all the threads about the Cards, Pirates, and whoever else is in our division now (I kid). Maybe there could be a sub-forum for the 'NL Central Opposition', one for the NL East/NL west, and one for ALL of the American League teams. Just a thought.

Yeah screw Eric Wedge.(oh and I guess I agree about the Cards stuff as well).

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Yes, it is definitely becoming excessive. I agree that the board should be open to fans of all stripes, but not in order to dominate with discussion about another team. I'd feel the same way if jojo were constantly starting M's threads all the time.
    You have suggested nice way but I think redzone is not thinking of applying it.. It is sad for true fans

Turn Off Ads?