Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get to the All-Star Break.........

Re: Get to the All-Star Break.........

4 1/2 game lead on the Nats for the 2nd WC.

The Nats have 14 before the ASB vs the Brewers, Padres, Phillies and Marlins.

There is a good chance the Reds are on the outside looking in for a playoff spot at the ASB.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post

There is a good chance the Reds are on the outside looking in for a playoff spot at the ASB.
    Want to bet?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

4. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (07-01-2013), WildcatFan (07-04-2013)

The Brewers, Padres, Phillies and Markins are just as excited about playing the Nats as the Nats are about playing them.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Want to bet?

Sure

I say there is about a 1 in 3 chance the Reds spit the bit and are not leading for the 2nd WC at the ASB. That's +203 on my money, -194 on yours. Tied is a push.

How much?

I doubt it. They play a Giants team that's 4 under .500 and really struggling with their starting pitching. GABP is not a place to fix that. Then play a not so good Seattle team at home. Then three in Milwaukee against a bad Brewer team that probably won't have Ryan Braun available. They do play 4 in Atlanta but they aren't world beaters either. A split there is very doable.
    The Nats aren't so good this year either. They have really struggled hitting, don't go by yesterdays game that was anamoly. Their pitching has been a little uneven at times too. They may do OK in that 14 game stretch but I don't expect them to go 12-2 or anything like that. Maybe 8-6?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Sure

I say there is about a 1 in 3 chance the Reds spit the bit and are not leading for the 2nd WC at the ASB. That's +203 on my money, -194 on yours. Tied is a push.

How much?
    Pete?
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

9. Likes:

reds44 (07-01-2013), WildcatFan (07-04-2013)

the only thing I wish the Reds would do differently that they are doing now is give some younger guys in AAA a chance....Todd is not doing anything to help this team right now that someone in LVille couldnt do....baseball is a long season, it doesnt last 1 month.....we need to ride some guys while they are hot and sit some guys while they are cold...Todd would probably do good with some rest, give him a chance to see things from a different view...I am not saying bench him for good, just give him some rest....I would do the same with Cozart, while he is an absolute wizard in the field, he is not doing anything to help this club with his bat....is playing everyday helping or hurting him? I dont know but I am sure a fresh face from AAA would help.....

Now, I know you have to deal with options and service time and issues like that, that is why I am sitting on my computer at home and not the GM.....but one of my pet peeves with baseball is not giving the young pups in AAA more of a shot during the season when someone is cold....I am not a believer that you play your way out of cold streaks. I believe a cold streak can be something as small as a player being tired or favoring a small nagging injury that is not bad enough to sit him down but its bad enough that his body compensates for said injury then without the players knowledge, his swing changes just a tad...thats how a cold streak can happen. Give dude a break and let him rest.....

Other than the front office doing that, I think the Reds are just fine....sure there are several things we could be doing better right now but we are not doing them.....so if I was the GM, I would control the things that I can control and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    the only thing I wish the Reds would do differently that they are doing now is give some younger guys in AAA a chance....
    Like who? What position player at Louisville is deserving of a big league spot right now? The only argument would be Perez over Robinson as the fifth OF, but Perez is left handed, so he would be redundant with Paul on the roster.

There is no depth in the upper minors. The offense is going to sink or swim with the guys they have unless the FO makes a move.

12. Likes:

mth123 (07-01-2013)

Sure

How much?
    6.5 games up with 11 left before the break.

You need to adjust your odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

You shoulda taken that bet.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-04-2013)

Sure

How much?
    I see FCB is back posting again.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I see FCB is back posting again.
    What happened to him? Just when the Reds finally got rolling again he disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What happened to him? Just when the Reds finally got rolling again he disappeared.
    He was booted a couple of years ago. Still run into him on a different message board.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

If you had the courage to make a bet you would have won some money.

Always easier to just talk though.

They call me "chef"

Better to be wrong with an unrequited bluff bet then to be right and not take a stranger on a message board up on his bluff bet.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

*UPDATED: 2/11/2014

Turn Off Ads?