Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Davis

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Chris Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The PEDS police have been on patrol 24/7 on this board recently. The slightest hint of someone raising suspicion about a player is met with stern finger pointing.
    Finger pointers pointing fingers at those pointing fingers.

2. Likes:

jojo (07-01-2013),RedEye (07-01-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Sooner or later the common fan will learn what the statistics have shown for years now: the effects of steroids were dramatically overblown. Actually it will probably take decades for most fans to figure that out, mainly because they don't want to believe it. The whole "steroids were the reason" myth is so deeply ingrained in the public consciousness that it is a waste of time to even attempt to explain why it is wrong. People emotionally freak out when their sacred paradigm is challenged, even when it rather easily disproved.
    So Bonds hits 73 without juicing?

EMAW

His stats look like a random guy from late 90's that just went bonkers with power
    The media is making a big deal about his strength, body type, etc. to prevent the talk

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I enjoyed the first page of this thread where stats were used to show that Davis shouldn't automatically be a PED suspect. A question was respectfully raised, and reasonably answered as well as could be. No harm done. Of course things are headed in a wacky direction now...
    I thought so, too. There were several good answers to consider before it went down that familiar path.

I've never really thought about Chris Davis using PEDs at all. I just know whenever someone gets on a tear like this (and he looks as freakishly-strong as Davis) it's going to be raised eventually.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    His stats look like a random guy from late 90's that just went bonkers with power
    The media is making a big deal about his strength, body type, etc. to prevent the talk
    Scouting reports from when he was a prospect had him with plus-plus power. That is 45+ power. Scouts saw it when he was in the minor leagues.

8. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (07-02-2013),RedEye (07-01-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    No, he doesn't. He's hit plenty of home runs before. He's no Brady Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    No, he doesn't. He's hit plenty of home runs before. He's no Brady Anderson.
    Right.

In the minor leagues he averaged a home run every 15 at bats, hitting 36 in one full season. In 2011 he hit 24 home runs in 193 AAA at bats.

11. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-01-2013)

Anybody that knew anything about Chris Davis before this season or last knew that the power was there from day 1. It just took some time for him to put everything else together. Kudos to him on working hard at his game.

13. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (07-02-2013),RedEye (07-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    In 2011 he hit 24 home runs in 193 AAA at bats.
    As a 25 year old in the PCL.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Everytime I see C. Davis HR (29, 30) or some derivative, I think "Chili Davis is still playing?" for a split sec

16. Likes:

bigredmechanism (07-19-2013),Chip R (07-02-2013)

Can't this conversation just end with one statement? Something like "Wow! That's a lot of HR! Makes me think he might have used steroids!"

Because that's pretty much all the insight that has been added here.

18. Likes:

remdog (07-14-2013)

who cares? he's not in the NL Central so keep whacking 'em! I'm sure I'm being naive but with all the testing and immediate suspicions I gotta trust that if the dude is doing anything it'll show up....in the meantime I'm enjoying watching it and hoping that Frazier or Bruce befriend him and work out with him next offseason!

20. Likes:

JB12 (07-01-2013),RedEye (07-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    As a 25 year old in the PCL.
    Oldish for a prospect, but still not overly old. And I don't care what league it is in. 24 home runs in 193 at bats is serious power. That is on pace for 75 home runs in 600 at bats.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Oldish for a prospect, but still not overly old. And I don't care what league it is in. 24 home runs in 193 at bats is serious power. That is on pace for 75 home runs in 600 at bats.
    Aren't you the same guy who said Cozart wouldn't improve entering his age 27 season this year in the majors? Yet you're going to take the numbers of a 25 year old in the PCL as meaning a lot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Turn Off Ads?