Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 392

Thread: Chris Davis

  1. #331
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,063

    Re: Chris Davis


  2. Likes:

    Big Klu (07-17-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #332
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,567

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Do we have Davis' ISO from the minors?
    His career minor league ISO was .279.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  5. #333
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kettering
    Posts
    851

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why don't we let the season play out before we start assuming Davis has a changed true talent level?
    Because if people don't complain now no one will care when they do it later

  6. #334
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,297

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why don't we let the season play out before we start assuming Davis has a changed true talent level?
    Why start doing that now? We could shut the site down until October however I thought it was Redszone tradition to fully assess player talent levels on much less than 95 games.

    Or a buck 26 if you go back to last year, when it finally "clicked" for him.

  7. #335
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Why start doing that now? We could shut the site down until October however I thought it was Redszone tradition to fully assess player talent levels on much less than 95 games.
    I've always struggled with knowing the "proper" time to make a quality assessment with any insight. I feel like I am either judging a player too early or I am stating the obvious once a representative sample size is achieved. So, I usually don't say anything...(which, considering my foot-in-mouth capabilities, is probably a wise move.)
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  8. #336
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,297

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I've always struggled with knowing the "proper" time to make a quality assessment with any insight. I feel like I am either judging a player too early or I am stating the obvious once a representative sample size is achieved. So, I usually don't say anything...(which, considering my foot-in-mouth capabilities, is probably a wise move.)
    I think the rule of thumb is however long it takes to "prove" your point.

  9. #337
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,063

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Why start doing that now? We could shut the site down until October however I thought it was Redszone tradition to fully assess player talent levels on much less than 95 games.

    Or a buck 26 if you go back to last year, when it finally "clicked" for him.
    Well, the stakes are a bit higher when you are searching for evidence of cheating, are they not?
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  10. #338
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,402

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Well, the stakes are a bit higher when you are searching for evidence of cheating, are they not?
    Unless this becomes a keymastur situation where Chris Davis starts posting on here, we link his name to another message board, and we find out he's taking roids, no nothing on here is "high stakes."

    It's a board of baseball discussion that is meaningless in the scheme of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  11. Likes:

    alwaysawarrior (07-17-2013), Fil3232 (07-17-2013)

  12. #339
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    19,454

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Maybe he's a witch?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    He turned me into a newt!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  13. #340
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,810

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I think the rule of thumb is however long it takes to "prove" your point.
    Or until you say it enough that the other side walks away shaking their head at the consistent drone.

  14. #341
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,297

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Or until you say it enough that the other side walks away shaking their head at the consistent drone.
    Let's look at some of the other hot button, recent areas of discussion where many posters didn't require a full season of anything to have very strong opinions:

    Uselessness of Ryan Ludwick
    Uselessness of Miguel Cairo
    Uselessness of Manny Parra
    Uselessness of Mike Leake
    Uselessness of Arthur Rhodes
    Terribleness of (fill in the blank) trade
    Horribleness of over/underuse of _____
    Sleepyness of Jocketty

    There is lots of "drone" on this board, if that is what you call it. I'm not sure why this needs some sort of incubation time period prior to discussion when others topics, like the above, are fully baked after one month.

  15. #342
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,810

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Let's look at some of the other hot button, recent areas of discussion where many posters didn't require a full season of anything to have very strong opinions:

    Uselessness of Ryan Ludwick
    Uselessness of Miguel Cairo
    Uselessness of Manny Parra
    Uselessness of Mike Leake
    Uselessness of Arthur Rhodes
    Terribleness of (fill in the blank) trade
    Horribleness of over/underuse of _____
    Sleepyness of Jocketty

    There is lots of "drone" on this board, if that is what you call it. I'm not sure why this needs some sort of incubation time period prior to discussion when others topics, like the above, are fully baked after one month.
    Oh I agree, the drone can kill any subject, suffocate it, make it boring and one sided.. IE Cardinals are evil and bad and the Reds are the bestest, cleanest team ever.

    The truth is always dancing in the shadows, my take is some folks don't want to acknowledge that, mostly because human nature encumbers us with ego and the fear of of being incorrect.

    I'll be the first to admit that I can drone with the best of them, but I also will admit I don't know everything and I find absolutes to be a fools path to traverse daily.

  16. Likes:

    TSJ55 (07-17-2013)

  17. #343
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,063

    Re: Chris Davis

    There is a difference between making claims about what someone does on a baseball field and speculating about what he might do off it.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  18. #344
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,063

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Unless this becomes a keymastur situation where Chris Davis starts posting on here, we link his name to another message board, and we find out he's taking roids, no nothing on here is "high stakes."

    It's a board of baseball discussion that is meaningless in the scheme of life.
    What I mean is that the stakes are higher in the logical argument department. You need to have more evidence to prove someone is on PEDs than you do to say whether or not he hits with power some of the time.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  19. #345
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,297

    Re: Chris Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    There is a difference between making claims about what someone does on a baseball field and speculating about what he might do off it.
    Not sure why that matters, especially since that one thing off the field being discussed could directly relate to performance on the field. When the PED era was in full swing, many of these guys were very willing to invite the fans into their off the field training regimes.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25