Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centerfield

Re: Centerfield

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Good point.
    Or perhaps we could look for a power hitting 3b and use our best prospect who happens to have the skillet to be an above average cf like I've been suggesting all season. Or maybe get a rental cf and a 3b.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Here's the list of CF with a -3.0 UZR or better and at least a .320 wOBA:

Carlos Gomez
    Gerardo Parra
    Andrew McCutchen
    Brett Gardner
    Cobly Rasmus
    Jacoby Elsburt
    Mike Trout
    Dexter Fowler
    Coco Crisp

Now, I realize everybody is skeptical about UZR, but Choo and his -9 runs on defense still is tied for 7th most WAR among CF.

I'd be cool moving him to LF, but if the question is simply adding production in the OF, I'm just not convinced there are options out there that are notable upgrades over what we currently have.
    I wonder if the Yanks would at any point be willing to trade Brett Gardner, guy is a free agent to be and is an awesome hitter this year.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I wonder if the Yanks would at any point be willing to trade Brett Gardner, guy is a free agent to be and is an awesome hitter this year.
    I highly doubt it since they are 6 games back. It's possible if they nose dive into last place but Gardner's one of the few bright spots on the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    I highly doubt it since they are 6 games back. It's possible if they nose dive into last place but Gardner's one of the few bright spots on the Yankees.
    Could be, but if they're double digits games out at the deadline, I could see him out. They still have to sign Cano and suddenly are super worried about the luxury tax lately.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'd be cool moving him to LF, but if the question is simply adding production in the OF, I'm just not convinced there are options out there that are notable upgrades over what we currently have.
    I am at the point of getting Choo out of the lineup with a LH starter. Of course Xavier Paul is not a viable option either for those LF/CF positions... 4 for 45 against LHs since 2011. We hear Choo's OBP against LHs is decent... it would be ranked 118th in the NL this year. Right now that leaves Heisey and Robinson. Better than Choo and/or Paul? Yes. .391/.383/.774 for Robinson against LHs this year.

Of course a "playoff team" might need better although you still have Choo and Heisey/Paul/Robinson most of the time vs RHs. But finding a RH bat that can carry a glove into LF is a must. Not much to be had. Hold out and hope someone will move as the deadline approaches?
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Turn Off Ads?