Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Things Marty Loves to Complain about

Re: Things Marty Loves to Complain about

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I listened to many Waite Hoyt broadcasts and he is still among the best I've ever heard.

In my mind, he's in the same rarified air as Dizzy Dean, Harry Caray in his prime, Vin Scully, Ernie Harwell... people you would go out of your way to hear call a game.

The thing that made him different was his amazing ability to tell stories about his past experiences and career as a player. He saw and played with so many of the greatest players ever to play the game. And he was such a raconteur, a true conversationalist who had a great way with words.

He was Jack Paar to Marty's Jay Leno. A lot of people like Jay Leno I guess.
    Does that mean Al Michaels is Johnny Carson?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Things Marty Loves to Complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Does that mean Al Michaels is Johnny Carson?
    Conan.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?