Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Things Marty Loves to Complain about

Re: Things Marty Loves to Complain about

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Seg and Homer have some sort of standing feud. Tracy Jones will pick at that from time to time. Seg said something on the air about Homer, and Homer heard it, and does not speak to him. I don't care, I just want Homer to be the best Homer he can be. Seg could go eat McDonald's and watch NASCAR, and no one would notice he isn't there.
    I guess I'll have to listen to Tracy and Eddie tomorrow to see what's said (ugh)...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

If I am not mistaken, Seg and Homer have some sort of standing feud. Tracy Jones will pick at that from time to time. Seg said something on the air about Homer, and Homer heard it, and does not speak to him. I don't care, I just want Homer to be the best Homer he can be. Seg could go eat McDonald's and watch NASCAR, and no one would notice he isn't there.
    I did not know that. I thought everybody loved Seg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Marty has him another Texan to pick on now.

Now, whomever is on WLW now (Amazon?) is harping on it...
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I thought Marty and Homer had some bad blood. Does not surprise me... I was speaking with an ex-Red (member of the BRM) a few months ago and he did not have good things to say about the HOF'er.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    Marty has him another Texan to pick on now.
    Marty doesn't shy away from being critical of the nights Homer struggles.

Common themes
    -When will Homer Bailey ever develop consistency?
    -Why doesn't Homer Bailey read the scouting report?
    -Why can't Homer Bailey pitch against the Brewers?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

8. Likes:

Nasty_Boy (07-02-2013),REDREAD (07-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I thought Marty and Homer had some bad blood. Does not surprise me... I was speaking with an ex-Red (member of the BRM) a few months ago and he did not have good things to say about the HOF'er.
    One of my biggest pet peeves. Marty is NOT a member of the HOF. He won an award given by the baseball hall of fame. Anything else that's said about that is shananigans.

10. Likes:

lollipopcurve (07-03-2013),Nasty_Boy (07-02-2013),Raisor (07-03-2013),REDREAD (07-03-2013),TRF (07-03-2013)

Marty doesn't shy away from being critical of the nights Homer struggles.

Common themes
    -When will Homer Bailey ever develop consistency?
    -Why doesn't Homer Bailey read the scouting report?
    -Why can't Homer Bailey pitch against the Brewers?
    I don't listen to Marty much, who does he not criticize other than Brandon Phillips?

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    I don't listen to Marty much, who does he not criticize other than Brandon Phillips?
    Ryan Hanigan
    Brandon Phillips
    Mat Latos has graduated to Marty's graces.
    Chris Heisey is usually in Marty's good graces.
    He doesn't like to criticize Todd Frazier either. He will get after him when he is cold, but only when he is cold.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Now, whomever is on WLW now (Amazon?) is harping on it...
    And still harping on it... I'm going to bed...

Ryan Hanigan
    Brandon Phillips
    He doesn't like to criticize Todd Frazier either. He will get after him when he is cold, but only when he is cold.
    Judging by that, Marty hates 80% of the team that has some of the best of talent the Reds have seen in 30+ years!

Ryan Hanigan
    Brandon Phillips
    Double post.
    Last edited by harangatang; 07-02-2013 at 11:21 PM.

I am as big a critic of Marty as anyone, but I still go out of my way to listen to the radio broadcast during "big moments" like tonight's game because he is so talented at calling a ballgame (when interested). And tonight, as usual, he was superb in the last few innings.

Then, of course, he throws a fit about Homer not doing an interview with Seg.

It was like the entire Marty Experience, good and bad, boiled down to three minutes of radio.

17. Likes:

Blimpie (07-03-2013),Chip R (07-03-2013),harangatang (07-02-2013)

Marty pissed me off tonight. He closed the broadcast by saying "Homer refused our interview with Seg so we reserve the right to be disappointed in Homer Bailey". I had just watched the game on TV and paused it to go get my son from a friends house when I heard Marty say that. Buzz kill. Then I get back and notice from TV that Homer gave an on field TV interview to MLB TV where Latos shaving cream pied him. Then be went right over to Pic for FSNs on field interview. Then he waived off Butcher as he was halfway down the steps to the clubhouse. Then he did a long presser with Hanigan after cleaning himself up. If Reds radio really wanted an interview theh should have been on field and ready to go right after Pic finished instead of having Butcher chase him to the clubhouse. And Bailey during the Pic interview basically showed his feelings for Reds announcers when he said "this game is F in hard despite what the guys up there think."
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I am as big a critic of Marty as anyone, but I still go out of my way to listen to the radio broadcast during "big moments" like tonight's game because he is so talented at calling a ballgame (when interested). And tonight, as usual, he was superb in the last few innings.
    I totally agree and I enjoyed listening to him call the couple innings. It is a shame that he can't leave all the other non-sense out.
    Last edited by harangatang; 07-03-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Turn Off Ads?