Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Things Marty Loves to Complain about

Re: Things Marty Loves to Complain about

Marty has a humongous ego that shows when dissed.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Likes:

westofyou (07-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Sometimes I think the wishbone C stands for crankiness.

Marty can be a pill, but us Reds fans aren't far behind. Must be the water.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (07-03-2013)

Dp
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Joe needs to come down and slap Marty into shape. We miss you, Joe!

EMAW

I (can pick it up after sunset) listened to the post-game on WLW and heard the Marty whine. He really sounded like a spoiled brat. On a night in which Homer was front and center, old Marty wanted some of the limelight and it chewed him up. He came across a huge D Bag (which according to several people that have met him) is pretty accurate.

9. Likes:

Crumbley (07-03-2013),dubc47834 (07-03-2013),Nasty_Boy (07-03-2013),Red Raindog (07-03-2013),REDREAD (07-03-2013)

I'm sure Marty's comments tonight will encourage Homer to give post-game interviews to WLW in the future. Or not.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

11. Likes:

Roy Tucker (07-03-2013)

Marty needs to go.

13. Likes:

lollipopcurve (07-03-2013),mth123 (07-03-2013),Red Raindog (07-03-2013),REDREAD (07-03-2013)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Now, whomever is on WLW now (Amazon?) is harping on it...
    That Marc Amazon show is turrible, as Charles Barkley would say. He sounds like some guy they picked up off the street and put him in front of a mic.

WLW in general is turrible, actually, and has been since the last guy worth listening to retired, Mr. Burbank.

Extra Innings has been worthless since Furman.....and I'm not a big Furman fan. It was at least tolerable with Furman, but probably hasn't been good since Andy Mac did it, and that's what, 20 years ago?

15. Likes:

Chip R (07-03-2013),Revering4Blue (07-04-2013)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I thought Marty and Homer had some bad blood. Does not surprise me... I was speaking with an ex-Red (member of the BRM) a few months ago and he did not have good things to say about the HOF'er.
    This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Marty IS NOT IN THE HALL OF FAME! He won the Frick Award.

he Ford C. Frick Award is presented annually by the National Baseball Hall of Fame in the United States to a broadcaster for "major contributions to baseball." It is named for Ford C. Frick, former Commissioner of Major League Baseball. Before his career as an executive, Frick was a baseball writer; he gained fame as the ghostwriter for Babe Ruth in the 1920s. The award was created in 1978, and named in tribute to Frick following his death that year.
    Though they are sometimes erroneously referred to as "Hall of Famers", honorees are not inducted into the Hall of Fame.[1] Honorees (if living) give a speech at the Hall of Fame during induction weekend, and their names are added to a plaque in the Hall's library. For several years in the early 2000s, Frick Award honorees also became life members of the Veterans Committee, which considers candidates for Hall of Fame induction who are not eligible for the regular voting by the Baseball Writers Association of America – specifically, players no longer on the BBWAA ballot and all non-players. However, starting with the 2008 elections, voting for players on the main Veterans Committee ballot was restricted to Hall of Fame members. After further changes announced for the 2011 elections, Frick Award winners are eligible to serve on all three of the Veterans Committee voting bodies that consider candidates from different eras of baseball.
    Since 2004, fans have been allowed to vote for three of the award's ten annual nominees. The remaining seven candidates are selected by a committee consisting of previous Frick Award winners and broadcast historians and columnists.
    Edit-
    Sorry, I just saw that earlier post making the same statement. Didn't mean to step on someone else's post.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    One of my biggest pet peeves. Marty is NOT a member of the HOF. He won an award given by the baseball hall of fame. Anything else that's said about that is shananigans.
    Very true but Marty not only believes he is a member of the Hall of Fame; he sometimes acts as if he thinks he is Abner Doubleday, Babe Ruth, Branch Rickey and Jackie Robinson rolled into one.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

18. Likes:

Nasty_Boy (07-03-2013),REDREAD (07-03-2013),reds1869 (07-03-2013),RichRed (07-03-2013),Tom Servo (07-03-2013),westofyou (07-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I thought Marty and Homer had some bad blood. Does not surprise me... I was speaking with an ex-Red (member of the BRM) a few months ago and he did not have good things to say about the HOF'er.
    I would not be surprised if Homer is not friends with Marty.

When Homer first came up and was going through his "Growing pains", Marty would hammer Homer on a continual basis.

Marty needs to learn that when he berates young players on a daily basis, the player isn't going to forget it when they become a quality player.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    And Bailey during the Pic interview basically showed his feelings for Reds announcers when he said "this game is F in hard despite what the guys up there think."

I missed the interview. that's awesome..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Dp
    Hey now, this is a family friendly message board!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    One of my biggest pet peeves. Marty is NOT a member of the HOF. He won an award given by the baseball hall of fame. Anything else that's said about that is shananigans.
    Marty actually is a Hall of Famer. It just isn't part of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Hey now, this is a family friendly message board!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?