Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Norichika Aoki could be available

Norichika Aoki could be available

per rotoworld:

Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that Norichika Aoki can become a free agent after the 2014 season.

The Brewers signed Aoki to a two-year, $2.25 million deal with a $1.5 million club option for 2014 prior to the 2012 season, but the assumption had been that he would remain under team control as an arbitration-eligible player 2015-17. However, McCalvy was told otherwise by both Aokiís agent, Nez Balelo and Brewers assistant general manager Gord Ash. With the Brewers out of contention, this could push the club to see what they could get in return for him leading up to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.

Dude would look awfully good in LF and at the top of the order with Choo, and he's equally effective against lefties and righties.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Norichika Aoki could be available

I would wonder if that would help choo want to stick around here for cheaper than testing the market? At least he'd have someone to talk to!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I would wonder if that would help choo want to stick around here for cheaper than testing the market? At least he'd have someone to talk to!
    I didn't know Choo spoke Japanese.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

5. Likes:

757690 (07-01-2013), Big Klu (07-01-2013), bigfunguy (07-01-2013), BoxingRed (07-02-2013), Crumbley (07-01-2013), cumberlandreds (07-02-2013), jhiller21 (07-02-2013), joshua (07-02-2013), kbrake (07-01-2013), KYRedLeg (07-01-2013), LexRedsFan (07-02-2013), MBZags (07-02-2013), RedEye (07-01-2013), reds44 (07-01-2013), RedsfaninMT (07-01-2013), RedTeamGo! (07-02-2013), Wonderful Monds (07-01-2013)

Choo is fluent in English. Can't see that (Ioki) mattering.

Well, they are from different countries, but perhaps it would make for a good update to this page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan%E...orea_relations
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

I had a linguistics prof from Korea who talked at great length about how much the Koreans hated the Japanese and vice versa. He had a strange sense of humor, so I hope his personal remarks on the subject were sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I didn't know Choo spoke Japanese.
    Hahahaha....I guess I was stereotyping....

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Choo is fluent in English. Can't see that (Ioki) mattering.
    When I heard choo speak it was pretty bad, but I only heard a few sentences.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I had a linguistics prof from Korea who talked at great length about how much the Koreans hated the Japanese and vice versa. He had a strange sense of humor, so I hope his personal remarks on the subject were sarcastic.
    I've heard the same, many times before. You can throw the Chinese in there too, none of them like each other all that much.

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

He would be a real upgrade for the team in the OF and at the top of the lineup. Not sure I see Walt doing it, but I would like the move if he did.

When I heard choo speak it was pretty bad, but I only heard a few sentences.
    And your point? Most people who only speak English speak it pretty bad.

I am not sure why this is a topic and we are talking about it.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I'd love to get him, but I strongly doubt we'll see any intra-division trades.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I've heard the same, many times before. You can throw the Chinese in there too, none of them like each other all that much.
    Japanese don't like the Chinese and vice-versa. Neither care for Koreans. Koreans really don't like the Japanese (and for pretty good reason).
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by alexad View Post
    Most people who only speak English speak it pretty bad.
    Blame our school system. Wait, huh?

I would love to see Aoki wearing a Red's uniform but who would it take? and being in the same division makes it more difficult.

18. Likes:

UKFlounder (07-02-2013)

Turn Off Ads?