Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norichika Aoki could be available

Re: Norichika Aoki could be available

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    LOL, four guys sounds good but I think they would want Cingrani.

Cingrani and Soto, or Heisey, might get it done. Might substitute a Hoover for Heisey.

Frankly, it might be worth it for the Reds. I'm sure everyone around here will say "nooooooo" but Cingrani is a fly ball pitcher and may not be the best fit for the Reds. Some folks note his dependancy on fastballs too.

I'm not advocating this, but I think the Brewers would want him and I see very little else that Reds could reasonably offer. Reds are not offering Hamilton or Stephenson for him. Brewers might want a Frazier, Cozart, or Mesoraco for him but I don't see that happening either.

Whole thing is very unlikely, he probably stays or goes to a different league/division.
    If it involves Cingrani, it's not even close to being worth it. And I like Aoki a lot.

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I had a linguistics prof from Korea who talked at great length about how much the Koreans hated the Japanese and vice versa. He had a strange sense of humor, so I hope his personal remarks on the subject were sarcastic.
    Korea feels like the redheaded stepchild and were under Japanese rule at one time, so its not a good relationship historically.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I don't think it would take a Cingrani to get Aoki for a few months, more like a Sharky Rogers.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

REDREAD (07-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Milwaukee wants young, near ready players. Who do the Reds have that they'd want that we could afford to deal? Not dealing Cingrani or Hamilton. Maybe they'd like Lutz or Soto with Corcino as a part of the deal. They might like Hoover and/or Partch. With Aoki signed for 2014 for chump change, it's going to take some talent to get him. Ryan Lamarre and Logan Ondrusek won't get it done.

I'd propose Soto, H-Rod, Hoover and Corcino for Aoki and K-Rod. They'd probably want more than that.
    I'd be totally on board with that.

But I'd change it a bit: Sub Lutz and Ondrusek (or Arredondo) for Hoover and Corcino.

With Aoki in the fold for 2013 and 2014, we can forego Lutz and wait for Y-Rod, Winker and/or Ervin to takeover LF duties in 2015 or 2016. Ondrusek/Arredondo might be in Todd Coffey (another former Red/Brewer) territory, where a change of scenery could do them some good. No need to sell the bottom with Corcino - see if he can bounce back, he's already starting to a bit.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Korea feels like the redheaded stepchild and were under Japanese rule at one time, so its not a good relationship historically.
    Yeah. My professor specifically said that the Japanese considered Koreans to be lower class and inferior. He also took pains to argue that country and southern dialects in the US shouldn't be looked down upon, and that many of our ideas about language were tied to class and wealth. He was an interesting guy.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Here's his contract status according to BR:

2012 30 Milwaukee Brewers $1,000,000 contracts
    2013 31 Milwaukee Brewers $1,250,000
    2014 32 Milwaukee Brewers *$1,500,000 $1.5M Team Option, $250k Buyout
    Earliest Arb Eligible: 2015, Earliest Free Agent: 2018

With the current CBA does the team option hold if a player is traded? If so, 1.5 million for next year sounds like a deal.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

"So Fla Red"

Choo in center, Aoki in right and Yao Ming in left. Reds solve thousands of years of regional distrust in one outfield.'

And Cingrani for Aoki would be a horrible deal for this franchise. Cingrani is needed in the Reds rotation from 2014-2019.

11. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (07-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Here's his contract status according to BR:

2012 30 Milwaukee Brewers $1,000,000 contracts
    2013 31 Milwaukee Brewers $1,250,000
    2014 32 Milwaukee Brewers *$1,500,000 $1.5M Team Option, $250k Buyout
    Earliest Arb Eligible: 2015, Earliest Free Agent: 2018

With the current CBA does the team option hold if a player is traded? If so, 1.5 million for next year sounds like a deal.
    If that is the case, he is a very valuable commodity.

"So Fla Red"

The Brewers are about to be lapped by the Marlins and are now in the mix for #1 overall draft pick. Amazing how fast they've fallen with the trades and loss of several key FAs and some poor development.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The Brewers are about to be lapped by the Marlins and are now in the mix for #1 overall draft pick. Amazing how fast they've fallen with the trades and loss of several key FAs and some poor development.
    I've found myself wondering how long Ryan Braun will be a good soldier up there. Things aren't looking good for the near future of the Brewers.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The plight of Mike Fiers will be interesting to watch when he recovers from surgery. The luster sure wore off very quickly.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'd be totally on board with that.

But I'd change it a bit: Sub Lutz and Ondrusek (or Arredondo) for Hoover and Corcino.

With Aoki in the fold for 2013 and 2014, we can forego Lutz and wait for Y-Rod, Winker and/or Ervin to takeover LF duties in 2015 or 2016. Ondrusek/Arredondo might be in Todd Coffey (another former Red/Brewer) territory, where a change of scenery could do them some good. No need to sell the bottom with Corcino - see if he can bounce back, he's already starting to a bit.
    Well, the point was a Soto, H-Rod, Hoover, Corcino package probably wouldn't be enough to get Aoki/K-Rod. I don't think subbing Lutz and Ondrusek for Corcino and Hoover would get them to bite. In fact, Corcino and Hoover would probably be the only reason they'd even think about it. If you like Hoover (I'm a skeptic) then keep him and drop K-Rod. But No Corcino, I doubt there would be a deal. I have my doubts even if he's included. Aoki isn't just for the rest of 2013, he's signed to a cheap deal for 2014 too. I'd guess a lot of teams would be after that guy and the Reds would be outbid if they just use a package of suspects along the lines of Soto, H-Rod and Ondrusek. The Brewers are going to want at least one guy that would be one of their top 5 prospects after the deal is done or a guy that they can write in as an answer somewhere.

Here is the main group of Trade bait, that might interest other teams and that I think the Reds could afford to deal, to add help in the pen and the OF (obviously you would pick one or more of these guys depending on the deal):

Soto, H-Rod, Lutz, Hoover, Corcino, Partch, Robinson and, if they need to in order to get a bigger name, Travieso. The Reds can't really subtract any of the main guys in the line-up, pen or rotation (that includes all 6 guys including Cingrani) and improve enough for it to be worth it. They need to add to what they've got.

Other minor leaguers would be available depending on the return. Guys I'd be most reluctant to deal would be Stephenson, Hamilton, Y-Rod, Winker and the new draftees would of course be excluded.
    Last edited by mth123; 07-02-2013 at 03:04 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I would wonder if that would help choo want to stick around here for cheaper than testing the market? At least he'd have someone to talk to!
    I know I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to say: Wait...What?

I think Aoki's being overvalued quite a bit here. While he's useful to the Reds due to Ludwick being hurt, at the end of the day he's a guy who can only play a corner OF spot and has zero power, bit a bit of OB skill. I know he's cheap, but he's a spare part on a good team. What would we pay if Ludwick wasn't hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    Hahahaha....I guess I was stereotyping....
    Is that typing with two fingers.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

20. Likes:

Cursh14 (07-02-2013)

Turn Off Ads?