Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Things RedsZone loves to complain about...

Re: Things RedsZone loves to complain about...

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Case in point.
    Actually you are the one being a thread cop.

Regardless of the fact that everyone disagrees with PP, he offered an opinion (and the mentally ill comment was not meant as fact... he was suggesting that if he truly is a Reds fan that his behaviour every time the Reds started winning appeared to be much less gleeful then when the Reds started losing).

Suggesting PP isn't entitled to an opinion (when he has made it clear he is just guessing and not stating facts).... well, that is being a condescending thread cop.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How does anyone know whether anyone else is enjoying their fandom? I complain (IMO discuss) lots of things about the Reds faults, problems and areas for improvement. I'd wager that I'm enjoying this season as much as or more than anyone. Heck, I loved pretty much every minute of the lost decade. I was frustrated about a lot of stuff and wanted changes, but no one has a right to question my fandom.

IMO, a few closed minded whiners, who can't understand that everyone doesn't have to think exactly as they do or that some have their own ways of enjoying and expressing themselves, got all pissy and ran one of the best posters in the history of this place off the board. When I disagreed with FCB, I enjoyed sparring with him, but most of the time, I agreed with him. He was certainly a far better poster than the whiners who were complaining about him IMO.

There is a lot of talk about the declining quality of this place. I still enjoy it a lot, but the discussion took a turn for the worse once FCB was gone IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

4. Likes:

Always Red (07-03-2013),Razor Shines (07-03-2013),RedEye (07-17-2013),Revering4Blue (07-04-2013),RichRed (07-04-2013),westofyou (07-03-2013),WVRedsFan (07-04-2013)

People love to complain about thread hijackers.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    People love to complain about thread hijackers.
    How dare you hijack this thread. We weren't talking about what people love to complain about! We were talking about what Redszone loves to complain about. Get on topic.

7. Likes:

George Anderson (07-04-2013),Razor Shines (07-04-2013),RedEye (07-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    How dare you hijack this thread. We weren't talking about what people love to complain about! We were talking about what Redszone loves to complain about. Get on topic.
    Lately I've been noticing that Redszone seems to be a little jealous when I visit other websites. Im not sure that falls under the category of "complaining" though.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Righteous indignation. Many posters over the years feel this when someone else has an opposing point of view. To me, all of the problems over the years have been based in this. People are different. Learning to see things differently, and respect different perspectives is a theme in RZ, which is a microcosm of society.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

10. Likes:

jimbo (07-04-2013),New York Red (07-04-2013)

I'd take one FCB over fifty condescending, self-righteous thread cops. Characters are good. Baseball is fun.
    AMEN!!

I'd take one FCB over fifty condescending, self-righteous thread cops. Characters are good. Baseball is fun.
    Oddly self-righteous of you, don't you think? ;-)
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Rainouts?

14. Likes:

Always Red (07-06-2013),Crumbley (07-04-2013),marcshoe (07-04-2013),RedEye (07-04-2013),Revering4Blue (07-04-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Rainouts?
    I do hate them.

16. Likes:

How about rainouts that are later re-scheduled in the visiting team's park?

18. Likes:

Captain13 (07-18-2013)

Turn Off Ads?