Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Reds vs Mariners

7/6 Reds vs Mariners

I'll get this party started! Got my new patriotic Bruce shirt on. Weather looks OK so far and the sun was out for a bit.
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 07-06-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7/6 Reds vs Mariners

Interesting that they load up with lefty bats with Hannahan and Izturis, but no Xavier Paul.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Interesting that they load up with lefty bats with Hannahan and Izturis, but no Xavier Paul.
    Maybe Paul hurt something or what are the stats vs the Mariners SP?
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I think Paul isn't included because he was hurt yesterday.

ctrent ‏@ctrent 1h
    Xavier Paul is limited today after hitting the wall last night. He stayed in the game, but left for a pinch-hitter in bottom of 9

I think he hurt his career. He's swinging at everything, not hitting much of it and is comic gold in the OF. Reds need an OF even if Ludwick comes back.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I think Paul isn't included because he was hurt yesterday.
    Thanks for the info. I still hope for an upgrade.

@ -50 minutes till GT rain clouds moving NE... It looks fine after that - just cloudy.

Barenaked Ladies just did a song in front of Crosley Terrace on a flatbed truck: "If I Had A Million Dollars". Said they're here for the game. Might have sung more songs but it started to drizzle.

A Sunday Special on Saturday.

I think he hurt his career. He's swinging at everything, not hitting much of it and is comic gold in the OF. Reds need an OF even if Ludwick comes back.
    I agree. The honeymoon is over. This teams needs a legitimate bat for LF and it really can't wait until late-August for Ludwick to return. It needed an upgrade the minute he went down, and they've been fortunate enough to piece together a decent platoon for the most part. But seeing D Rob getting these starts is beginning to make me cringe.

Reds have seemingly dozens of announcers, do they really need to run a barely audible Chris Welsh out there?

It's kind of late. Reds FO should have added an outfielder months ago. I doubt they will make a meaningful outfield move unless Ludwick has a setback. Otherwise, they will wait for Ryan.

I think Paul will snap out of it and come back. He's entitled to a slump like all the other Babe Ruths on this team. But Paul is a fourth outfielder in any event.

The Reds just have too many outs in their lineup these days and the front office decided awhile back to let it ride. And it has.

Alice Cooper just threw out a ceremonial first pitch to Arroyo... Pretty cool...

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    A Sunday Special on Saturday.
    Except the term Sunday Special came into effect when the subs were appreciably worse than the starters.

Right now, I'm not so sure in some cases.

Turn Off Ads?