Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Heartiest congratulations to Homer Bailey

Affable Opponent

Heartiest congratulations to Homer Bailey

I am a Cardinals fan, and also a baseball fan. Congratulations to Homer Bailey for his second career no hitter. Well done!

2. Likes:

757690 (07-02-2013),kfm (07-02-2013),PepperJack (07-02-2013),Revering4Blue (07-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Heartiest congratulations to Homer Bailey

It has been what seems like a long time waiting for Homer to become "the Guy". Yeah, he has shown his potential many more times than once, but tonight, he showed again why he was a #1 draft choice. Sad thing for me, I had tickets but didn't go as I got stood up, and couldn't find anybody to go at the last moment. Decided I didn't want to go alone,,,,,,,again.......

Thanks a lot for spoiling a game I haven't seen yet!

Quote Originally Posted by SamPellegrino View Post
    Kinda your fault for logging on to a Reds message board 4 hours after the game is over.

If you're like me, and have to work late, you avoid all baseball related contact if you can't catch the game. I dart home and use the DVR, avoiding all Reds fan contact.

7. Likes:

dwyerbrg (07-03-2013)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by SamPellegrino View Post
    That is your first post?

Just incredible. Unfortunately it was the only game this series I won't be at, but it was great to listen to it on the radio. Way to go Homer!

Also, my uncle in SF has been ragging me since last year about how his Giants will beat up on my Reds this year. I sent him a message as we crushed them on Monday, another message with the no hitter last night, and hopefully another message tonight (along with a picture of my dad and me at the ballpark). Hopefully this magic will continue after the all star break.

Grateful forth is era in areas baseball. Way to go, Homer!
    "I had a cigar in my back pocket...I didn't wanna break it." - Bartholomew "Bump" Bailey

Awesome stuff.

This was a great victory for Homer Bailey and the Reds, he was a man on a mission form the first pitch to the last. Well Done!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Someone sent me this

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Someone sent me this
    That's odd. Did you guys hear the question for Marty during the game last night? Someone said that Homer looks like Christian Bale. They asked what Marty thought of a Homer Bailey dressed as Batman bobblehead. I think that'd be pretty awesome. Didn't expect that last night, but I'm hoping to see more consistency from him over the coming years.

Turn Off Ads?