Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: 7/3/13 - Reds vs. Gigantes

"So Fla Red"

Re: 7/3/13 - Reds vs. Gigantes

THe NL is crazy this year with only five teams above .500 on July 4th. The NFL would be proud.

I keep waiting for the Nats to suddenly break 8-10 games over .500, but they can't seem to put anything together in a really bad division.

It may end up being the Dodgers as the biggest wild card threat, but they suddenly stand the best chance to win the NL West outright.

Really looking like the NL Central may fill 60% of the playoff slots.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    THe NL is crazy this year with only five teams above .500 on July 4th. The NFL would be proud.

I keep waiting for the Nats to suddenly break 8-10 games over .500, but they can't seem to put anything together in a really bad division.

It may end up being the Dodgers as the biggest wild card threat, but they suddenly stand the best chance to win the NL West outright.

Really looking like the NL Central may fill 60% of the playoff slots.
    So true.

The Reds are 13 games over .500 and the next closest team chasing them in the playoff hunt is exactly .500.

Weird season.

From my perch in section 519, that was the longest game I've seen in a long time.

The 9 innings took an even 4 hours for a 2-2 score. I mean jeez. Bochte managed it like the 7th game of the World Series.

I'm exhausted.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-04-2013),HeatherC1212 (07-05-2013),Red Raindog (07-04-2013),WVRedsFan (07-04-2013)

Just an observation, but I've been a fan for over 50 years (yes, I'm old) and can't ever remember a season where so many games that went to extras (I know someone till quote facts to say it's not--I understand), and so many games came down to one run. Like I said in the game thread (which I usually just read and stay out of the fray these days), this has been a stressful season--so many games with few runs scored and every inning in extras being so important. Long games due to lack of offense and maybe it's good pitching, I don't know. I do know that I'm very tired of it, but that's baseball and I love it!!!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

7. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (07-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Just an observation, but I've been a fan for over 50 years (yes, I'm old) and can't ever remember a season where so many games that went to extras (I know someone till quote facts to say it's not--I understand), and so many games came down to one run. Like I said in the game thread (which I usually just read and stay out of the fray these days), this has been a stressful season--so many games with few runs scored and every inning in extras being so important. Long games due to lack of offense and maybe it's good pitching, I don't know. I do know that I'm very tired of it, but that's baseball and I love it!!!
    I just glanced at Baseball Reference and with last night's game, we're at 14 games already, which matches last season's total. At 7-7, we equaled 2012's record. Looking at a few years previous, it's generally been 17-19 games, but we had good results in those record-wise. That's not exhaustive certainly.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    From my perch in section 519, that was the longest game I've seen in a long time.

The 9 innings took an even 4 hours for a 2-2 score. I mean jeez. Bochte managed it like the 7th game of the World Series.

I'm exhausted.
    I was exhausted watching it on TV. Couldn't imagine being there. Five hours for a 3-2 game! At least the Reds won and made it worthwhile.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

I'm exhausted.
    1-8 roadtrip they wanted it

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I was at this game and it felt VERY long even before the extra innings! We were laughing about how the 4th of July fireworks show actually started on July 4th (it started around 12:02 AM, LOL). I was exhausted though and after the LONG game, the post game fireworks show, and a bunch of traffic trying to leave downtown, we didn't end up getting home until like 1:15 AM. If the Reds hadn't pulled off the win I would have been VERY cranky, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?