Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest Big One promo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Latest Big One promo

Just heard the latest promo. Marty calling the final out and the voice over praising Hannigan for his second no hitter. Did not mention Homer at all.

I am ticked about this. It is terrible. It is time to get a different station to cover the Reds.

Homer pitched a no hitter and gets bashed by the local station and local sports writer.

I just can not believe it. Something so big for Cincinnati and they make it negative.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-03-2013),hebroncougar (07-03-2013),LexRedsFan (07-03-2013),powersackers (07-04-2013),RedEye (07-03-2013),The Operator (07-04-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-03-2013)

Re: Latest Big One promo

I heard it earlier today. WLW is pathetic and embarrassing. Really frustrated with the way the Cincinnati media loves to tear down a guy after he had a great night the entire city should be proud of the moment. And the fact that Homer will be a free agent at some point and I'd prefer if he didn't hate everyone involved at WLW.

Try ignoring WLW, Marty and their select style of heavy goon spin altogether. If that doesn't work, try harder.

It becomes easy after a while. And it makes your life and ours a little easier.

5. Likes:

Always Red (07-04-2013),Joseph (07-03-2013),lollipopcurve (07-03-2013),Tom Servo (07-03-2013)

File this under reasons why I don't listen to WLW
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

I love the Big One. Homer should not have snubbed Seg Dennison last night. Reds Nation was waiting to hear from him on the flagship station of Reds baseball.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

I don't understand what their goal is here by amping up this "fued". To alienate not only Bailey, but the rest of the Reds? To appeal to all those listeners who hate Bailey, but love the rest of the team?

Or is it to stroke their own ego while driving listeners away in droves?

Too big for their britches. Ignore them.

It will be interesting to see what the players do with this. I would guess Hannigan is upset

If Mesoraco had been back there it would have been a perfect game.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Even if they're upset that he snubbed them, spending a day making themselves the story is childish. The day should have been about celebrating the historic game. No hitters don't happen often, as the reds radio station it's embarrassing to see how they've acted today.

13. Likes:

Always Red (07-04-2013),dabvu2498 (07-04-2013),Drugs Delaney (07-04-2013),jmac (07-09-2013),kbrake (07-03-2013),mth123 (07-03-2013)

The radio network lost a lot when McConnell went to Chicago. No doubt about that.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

15. Likes:

George Anderson (07-03-2013),powersackers (07-04-2013)

Am I the only one that just thought it was funny? I didn't even register this as part of the "snub." Their next serious Reds promo will be the first. I think many at Redszone is making this the big deal that they're blaming 700 for.

17. Likes:

Redlegs (07-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    Am I the only one that just thought it was funny? I didn't even register this as part of the "snub." Their next serious Reds promo will be the first. I think many at Redszone is making this the big deal that they're blaming 700 for.
    What does Redszone have to do with it? You apparently haven't listened to WLW today.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    What does Redszone have to do with it? You apparently haven't listened to WLW today.
    I listened for about an hour and a half. Apparently at the "wrong" time. Redszone on the other hand, has at least 3 threads talking about the snub just on ORG.

Gonna give Marty a pass but yes WLW sucks bigtime...haven't listened to that craptastic station since the 90's.

Turn Off Ads?