Re: Latest Big One promo

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Isn't it fairly right wing at 700?
    No. It's extremely.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Marty has bashed Homer's hard headedness and refusal to listen to his catchers, coaches, etc. When a player does well, Marty says it. When a player does poorly, Marty says it. Sure, Marty is cocky, arrogant, and all those things; But one thing he's not is a jock sniffer.
    Now why did you have to go and bring Jeff Piecoro into all of this? What did Pic ever do to you? (Seriously though, some of Pic's interviews are just embarrassing. He transforms into Super Fanboy most of the time. They should make him wear a cape.)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    WLW sucks bigtime...haven't listened to that craptastic station since the 90's.
    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Their promos are lowest common denominator trash. They are crass and have fallen beneath the level of anything I can listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    They're like the Verizon Wireless of radio - there's so much to not like about them, but you can get the signal anywhere.
    Talking about Jim Scott like that is downright un-American!
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

5. Likes:

Donder (07-04-2013)

Marty has bashed Homer's hard headedness and refusal to listen to his catchers, coaches, etc. When a player does well, Marty says it. When a player does poorly, Marty says it. Sure, Marty is cocky, arrogant, and all those things; But one thing he's not is a jock sniffer.
    There is a spectrum of attitudes displayed by sports media toward the home team, ranging from blatant homerism to the nagging nabobs of negativity that are the Brennemans and WLW. I don't think anyone is asking for the former, but the current attitude displayed on the Big One is disrespectful to the players. What we really want is a happy medium.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

7. Likes:

hebroncougar (07-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Now why did you have to go and bring Jeff Piecoro into all of this? What did Pic ever do to you? (Seriously though, some of Pic's interviews are just embarrassing. He transforms into Super Fanboy most of the time. They should make him wear a cape.)
    lol. I was actually thinking about the guy Homer snubbed. If you're going to strike a blow against Franchester, why take it out on Seg? Everyone knows he's the biggest butt kisser at WLW.

When Marty actually knows what he's talking about, then he deserves respect for criticism of a player. Most of his positions that he promotes in criticism are myths or dogging a player in a slump. Just call the play by play and stick to the basics, and leave analysis to someone who knows the game at this level.

As for WLW, I honestly do not know why anyone who thinks critically and has some self-respect for their mind and how they use their time COULD listen that garbage for longer than 30 seconds.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

10. Likes:

REDREAD (07-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    When Marty actually knows what he's talking about, then he deserves respect for criticism of a player. Most of his positions that he promotes in criticism are myths or dogging a player in a slump. Just call the play by play and stick to the basics, and leave analysis to someone who knows the game at this level.

As for WLW, I honestly do not know why anyone who thinks critically and has some self-respect for their mind and how they use their time COULD listen that garbage for longer than 30 seconds.
    You've just insulted a large % of Cincinnati. WLW is #1 in the ratings more times than not.

12. Likes:

George Anderson (07-04-2013)

You've just insulted a large % of Cincinnati. WLW is #1 in the ratings more times than not.
    No, he's insulted a portion of RADIO listeners. And even if they are number 1 it's not like they get 75% of the entire tri-state tuning in. Huge difference, and it's certainly not a large portion of our area.

14. Likes:

Hypnotoad (07-04-2013)

lol. I was actually thinking about the guy Homer snubbed. If you're going to strike a blow against Franchester, why take it out on Seg? Everyone knows he's the biggest butt kisser at WLW.
    Sometimes it's the poor middleman who has to deal with the brunt of it when someone wants to send a message. When I was a legal intern, I worked with a prosecutor who would always send me to court when she knew the a certain judge was unhappy with our office. So then I would get chewed out as the representative of our office. Finally, he lost his patience in open court and said to stop sending me down to court when he wants to yell at the other person.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    No, he's insulted a portion of RADIO listeners. And even if they are number 1 it's not like they get 75% of the entire tri-state tuning in. Huge difference, and it's certainly not a large portion of our area.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

I feel the same way about MSNBC, NPR and other media outlets that I find to be rot gut filth. However I have the good taste and manners not to insult people that choose to listen and or watch such programing.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

18. Likes:

Redlegs (07-04-2013),texasdave (07-04-2013)

I hear Springer and Howard Stern are quite popular too. It's not something peculiar to Cincinnati. Personally, I stick to NPR, even if I don't always agree with what some of their guests say. Heck, they give Frank Deford a regular commentary on Morning Edition and more often than not I find him to be a horse's behind. I can't stand the current state of sports and political talk. I miss the days when I could sit down on a Sunday morning and watch David Brinkley or William F. Buckley, Jr. conduct civil debates about the topics of the day. Now it's all about who can shout the loudest and take the most outrageous positions. It's like everyone has decided they want to be Jim Rome in sports talk or Chris Matthews or Rush Limbaugh in political talk.

20. Likes:

RedsfaninMT (07-04-2013)

Marty's been hard on Joey Votto this year for lack of RBIs, just one example of many times Marty has his head up his rear.

700wlw is on a level with Jerry Springer and similar trash tv. I don't know why anyone subjects themselves to it - garbage in, garbage out. There are better entertainment options, even for those who have a low brow sense of humor.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

22. Likes:

Always Red (07-04-2013),mth123 (07-04-2013),REDREAD (07-05-2013),traderumor (07-04-2013),westofyou (07-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I feel the same way about MSNBC, NPR and other media outlets that I find to be rot gut filth. However I have the good taste and manners not to insult people that choose to listen and or watch such programing.
    I would say they insult their own intelligence. The utter stupidity spewed on that station, even during their one vestige of dignity in being the flagship station for the Reds, is not healthy for informing one's worldview, whatever that may be.
    Last edited by traderumor; 07-04-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    George, you old Republican. Long time no see. How'd that election come out? Is the check in the mail?

Turn Off Ads?