Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weren't We Looking [for] a Righty Power LF ??

Re: Weren't We Looking [for] a Righty Power LF ??

Manny makes Donkey look like a good left fielder.
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Okay, here's another one that won't happen for a variety of reasons (salary, injury recovery): try to get Aramis Ramirez on a waiver deal and put Frazier in the LF mix.

This would work better if Ramirez were a free agent at the end of the year, but he isn't, and he's owed 16 million next year.

But hey, he'd look good hitting fourth.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Okay, here's another one that won't happen for a variety of reasons (salary, injury recovery): try to get Aramis Ramirez on a waiver deal and put Frazier in the LF mix.

This would work better if Ramirez were a free agent at the end of the year, but he isn't, and he's owed 16 million next year.

But hey, he'd look good hitting fourth.
    I've thought about Ramirez for the Reds. It's a good thought, he obviously doesn't fit in the Brewers' plans, the Reds could certainly use a good RH bat.

And while Ramirez has been hurt and somewhat less effective this year, he led the NL in doubles in 2012 and is a proven hitter.

Frazier then takes on a utility role. Issue is money and would take a creative trade.

I'd take Aramis Ramirez in a heartbeat, he would be perfect to bat 4th behind Votto.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-08-2013)

They could get Ramirez and slide Fraizer over to short.

wladimir balentine 50 homers

It was interesting to look at the Dodgers lineup - no one batting under .270
    "I had a cigar in my back pocket...I didn't wanna break it." - Bartholomew "Bump" Bailey

Turn Off Ads?