Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Rainout?

Reds Rainout?

The radar looks horrible and I'm making the 100 mile trip. In Row B in CF.

Surely a rainout will happen with my luck. So....when it is rained out after a ridiculous delay....what will be my options for a makeup game if I hold onto my tickets?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Reds Rainout?

They just released a statement saying the game is scheduled to start on time.

Maybe they know something we don't...

"We recognize today's forecast indicates the potential for rain throughout our region, but there also appears to be a chance we can get the game in. We could see a rain delay but we are going to do everything we can to play ball, in part because of the absence of an equitable common day off between the two teams the rest of the regular season."" - Phil Castellini
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 07-04-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    They just released a statement saying the game is scheduled to start on time.

Maybe they know something we don't...

"We recognize today's forecast indicates the potential for rain throughout our region, but there also appears to be a chance we can get the game in. We could see a rain delay but we are going to do everything we can to play ball, in part because of the absence of an equitable common day off between the two teams the rest of the regular season."" - Phil Castellini
    Sounds like Phil Castellini is threatening Mother Nature.

I'm looking at the radar right now (10:20 a.m.). As long as the current storm continues moving east, we'll be fine. There is nothing behind it. Looks like Cincy will be dry by noon. Should be good to go unless this storm hovers or if there are pop-up storms not appearing on the radar right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    The radar looks horrible and I'm making the 100 mile trip. In Row B in CF.

Surely a rainout will happen with my luck. So....when it is rained out after a ridiculous delay....what will be my options for a makeup game if I hold onto my tickets?
    I think it's still the policy that you can exchange you tickets for any other date, subject to availability, although it sounds like things will be clearing up hopefully.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

7. Likes:

Ironman92 (07-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I'm looking at the radar right now (10:20 a.m.). As long as the current storm continues moving east, we'll be fine. There is nothing behind it. Looks like Cincy will be dry by noon. Should be good to go unless this storm hovers or if there are pop-up storms not appearing on the radar right now.
    It appears to me that the rain is moving north, meaning we'll be in it for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    National radar has it going up....not east

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    It appears to me that the rain is moving north, meaning we'll be in it for hours.
    Yep. It's coming up from the South. And the forecast says 90% chance of rain from around noon till 5 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Reds and Giants only have 1 mutual off day (Aug 29th) the rest of the way. If they have to make it up on that day, the Reds will be playing 34 in a row without a day off. I'd say they'll fight all day to get this one in.

Yeah, I'd say its going to be one soggy game. It will be very hard to make up. Too bad for the folks expecting a festive day.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'm downtown right now and it is pouring ! Also, was caught in traffic with a bad jack-knifed tractor-trailer on I-75 southbound... If coming that way take an alternate route.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

This is one slow-moving stormfront. And you guys are right, it's moving north, not east.

I'm sure the game won't start on time, but I still bet we see baseball today. If we can get that storm to blow east a little bit, there is nothing behind it. Also, it sounds like the Reds are fully committed to getting this game in today/tonight. So, even if there's a 2-hour rain delay, I bet they don't call the game if they think there's a realistic chance of the storm passing through at some point today/tonight.

The good news for people like Ironman is there is plenty to do around the park thanks to The Banks if there is a long rain delay. (You'd be screwed if this were 3 years ago.) And the Reds stamp your hand and allow re-entry into the stadium. They are very fan-friendly at GABP. Can't believe they let people bring in their own food.

Maybe we'll have a finish reminiscent of the Votto Mother's Day walkoff.

AS I just paid my $5 to park....they came on WLW saying Castellini said they are pretty much treating this as a night game.

Last year I was there on Mother's Day for the 3 hour and 30 min delay (then left before Votto hit his walk off GS)

Now this.

Turn Off Ads?