Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 91

Thread: Reds Rainout?

  1. #61
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,347

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Thanks. That's kinda what I thought. They probably wouldn't let them play even if both teams agreed to play. I could see the Giants needing the game at the end of the season to either clinch the division or tie for the division. The Reds having already clinched the playoffs and having to decide to play it straight or playing a lot of bench players.
    I think it's possible they could play then. The CBA says that a team can't play more than X amount of games in a row without an off day. But rainouts have been rescheduled on off days that would eliminate that mandated off day.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,182

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    You are correct and the date they can't be used is Tuesday August 6th (Joey Votto bobblehead night). No one should be surprised that I know that date off the top of my head, LOL
    Wait, is the non-weekend thing correct? I haven't seen that stipulated specifically anywhere.

    Seems pretty lame as this was a holiday game and equivalent to a weekend game in my mind. I'm in from out of town, my mom bought the July 4 tickets (great seats!) as a surprise, and we were planning to go this weekend to make it up. It's highly unlikely that I'd be able to make it back for a weekday game.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  4. Likes:

    Chip R (07-05-2013), remdog (07-05-2013)

  5. #63
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Why coiuldn't they make up this game July 18th? I know that's the end of the 4 day all star break but still this is a perfect time to make it up. The Reds will be home following the break. The Giants could come into town for one of those 12:35 business specials and be back to SF early enough to start their home weekend series. I really thought one reason they went to a four day break was to make up games like this when a team wouldn't be back again. Is it that taboo to play during the break? I have also read they are considering playing this game on neutral site on August 29th. Colorado is being talked about for that. How strange would that be? I hope they don't do that. I 'd rather not play it or do it at the end of the season.
    We have a winner. Makes too much sense though (therefore it will never happen).

  6. #64
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,392

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    We have a winner. Makes too much sense though (therefore it will never happen).
    The players will riot if they try and fit the game in that day.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  7. #65
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,654

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Wait, is the non-weekend thing correct? I haven't seen that stipulated specifically anywhere.

    Seems pretty lame as this was a holiday game and equivalent to a weekend game in my mind. I'm in from out of town, my mom bought the July 4 tickets (great seats!) as a surprise, and we were planning to go this weekend to make it up. It's highly unlikely that I'd be able to make it back for a weekday game.
    Yeah, it's true and sorry that may not work out for you.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_cin&c_id=cin

    Fans have been advised to keep their tickets, as they will be good for the rescheduled game. The tickets can also be exchanged at face value for any Monday through Thursday regular-season game, excluding Aug. 6.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

  8. #66
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    The players will riot if they try and fit the game in that day.
    Not if they realize it's much better than the other options out there (meet in Colorado or play the day after the regular season ends/day before the playoffs begin). Lesser of evils.

  9. #67
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,699

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    They could have gotten 5 innings in this evening. Whomever made the postponement call, made a bad call.
    I don't know.....the amount of rain in Cincy was ridiculous. They have the infield tarp but the amount of rain had to affect the whole field.

  10. #68
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Yeah, it's true and sorry that may not work out for you.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_cin&c_id=cin
    The Reds really should consider games like July 3 and July 4 "weekend games" in terms of their refund stipulations. That said, I think the Reds' organization is extremely fan-friendly and does a great job. But this is clearly an oversight. July 3-4 are "weekend" games in the spirit of the rule.

  11. #69
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,699

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Ok....here's what will happen as I am aware of how my luck works. Going into the final day of the season BOTH of these teams will be right on the edge of the playoff race and both teams will be trailing late in the final regular season game (looking definite for this game to be made up the very next day in Cincy) and then a couple fluke things will happen in the Giants game and make this potential game only necessary for the Giants...and the Reds won't care either way making this game both necessary and completely unimportant for the Reds....making my tickets garbage.

  12. #70
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,182

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    I just called the Reds box office (after calling the extremely unhelpful ticketmaster line). The guy was very kind and said they can make an exception for this weekend only given that people were in from out of town and so on. You just have to take your tickets to the window marked "future games" and they will put the cash value of Thursday's tickets toward that day's tickets.

    From his quick response and the way he hurried me off the phone, I gather I was not the first one to call with this question... I've always found the Reds box office to be very helpful in these types of situations.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  13. Likes:

    HeatherC1212 (07-05-2013), remdog (07-05-2013)

  14. #71
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,347

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I just called the Reds box office (after calling the extremely unhelpful ticketmaster line). The guy was very kind and said they can make an exception for this weekend only given that people were in from out of town and so on. You just have to take your tickets to the window marked "future games" and they will put the cash value of Thursday's tickets toward that day's tickets.

    From his quick response and the way he hurried me off the phone, I gather I was not the first one to call with this question... I've always found the Reds box office to be very helpful in these types of situations.
    Good to hear that. It seems like that for Opening Day and other games where they sold a lot of tickets that they are limiting the games you can use that raincheck for. It doesn't say that on the tickets, though. It basically says you can exchange it for a future regular season game - subject to availability - for a ticket of the same or lower price. It doesn't say anything about weekends or bobblehead games or Saturday night against the Cardinals. Personally, I think that's a load of crap and they should either change their policy or stick to it.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  15. Likes:

    remdog (07-05-2013)

  16. #72
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    20,921

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Ok....here's what will happen as I am aware of how my luck works. Going into the final day of the season BOTH of these teams will be right on the edge of the playoff race and both teams will be trailing late in the final regular season game (looking definite for this game to be made up the very next day in Cincy) and then a couple fluke things will happen in the Giants game and make this potential game only necessary for the Giants...and the Reds won't care either way making this game both necessary and completely unimportant for the Reds....making my tickets garbage.
    You can exchange your tickets for a non-weekend game (other than the Votto bobblehead game mentioned earlier).. You have more options than the "make up" day, unless you really want to see the Giants.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

  17. #73
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,699

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    You can exchange your tickets for a non-weekend game (other than the Votto bobblehead game mentioned earlier).. You have more options than the "make up" day, unless you really want to see the Giants.
    What would you like to bet? I bought my tickets off of stubhub.....got $38 tickets for $13.....I can only go to potentially rescheduled game, get refund once it's officially canceled or sell on stubhub when game is rescheduled.

  18. #74
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,509

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    What would you like to bet? I bought my tickets off of stubhub.....got $38 tickets for $13.....I can only go to potentially rescheduled game, get refund once it's officially canceled or sell on stubhub when game is rescheduled.
    Aren't Stub hub tickets just the same as a regular ticket when it comes to rain checks?
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/24/14. I promise.

  19. #75
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,699

    Re: Reds Rainout?

    Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Aren't Stub hub tickets just the same as a regular ticket when it comes to rain checks?
    Nope....they can't do it that way because any other game you click on to buy similar tickets to what I had (146 Row B).....they are between $38-$45 dollars depending on opposition or if it's a special promotion (fireworks/bobble heads)......they aren't going to lose the difference, but they will eventually refund or I will have two prime seats already paid for after the last regularly scheduled game.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25