Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Reds Rainout?

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Re: Reds Rainout?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Nope....they can't do it that way because any other game you click on to buy similar tickets to what I had (146 Row B).....they are between $38-$45 dollars depending on opposition or if it's a special promotion (fireworks/bobble heads)......they aren't going to lose the difference, but they will eventually refund or I will have two prime seats already paid for after the last regularly scheduled game.
    You should be able to walk up on any weekday game and exchange them at the window for "best available" in $38 range. It doesn't matter what you paid, you have a $38 ticket.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

There was a crazy idea that since the only off day shared by the Reds and Giants was with the Giants leaving Colorado and the Reds coming to Colorado, why not play it in Colorado? Bummer for the fans though.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    There was a crazy idea that since the only off day shared by the Reds and Giants was with the Giants leaving Colorado and the Reds coming to Colorado, why not play it in Colorado? Bummer for the fans though.
    I can't imagine that the Reds would just throw away an entire game's worth of economic impact on the city, including concessions, souvenirs, parking, etc. Playing in a different city just seems silly.

I bet the plan will be September 30th. Other crazy option might be September 23rd. The Giants have that day off, but the Reds play at home that night. Giants are in New York the day prior, so maybe they could fly to Cincy and play a day game before heading home that night.

The devil is in the details. Not to be unsympathetic, but caveat emptor.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

There are many Reds' seasons where rainouts were not made up. Unless it affects the playoff picture, this will be another one.

What would you like to bet? I bought my tickets off of stubhub.....got $38 tickets for $13.....I can only go to potentially rescheduled game, get refund once it's officially canceled or sell on stubhub when game is rescheduled.
    Sorry, was just trying to be helpful. The intent was not to call you a liar or anything.
    Hope it works out for you. Don't worry, I will not try to help you again.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    There are many Reds' seasons where rainouts were not made up. Unless it affects the playoff picture, this will be another one.
    In the past 60 years, just 4 times: 1960, 1978, 1979, and 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    In the past 60 years, just 4 times: 1960, 1978, 1979, and 1988.
    I think 6.6% of the time is a pretty significant number for something like that. MLB-wide, 6 of the last 10 seasons had at least one game that was not rescheduled. I was too lazy to go back longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    I think 6.6% of the time is a pretty significant number for something like that. MLB-wide, 6 of the last 10 seasons had at least one game that was not rescheduled. I was too lazy to go back longer than that.
    In the last few years MLB has put a big emphasis on every team playing the full 162 game schedule. I think at one time team were starting skip these late season rainouts.Especially when they had bad teams. There still are times when they aren't made up. I know the Nationals didn't make up a game with the Dodgers in 2011. But they are really few and far between now. I would say they will make this one up but unless they do the July 18th date it will be difficult.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2012: All games played
    2011: Dodgers-Nats
    2010: All games played
    2009: Pirates-Cubs
    2008: 3 games not played

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Sorry, was just trying to be helpful. The intent was not to call you a liar or anything.
    Hope it works out for you. Don't worry, I will not try to help you again.
    Lol...no biggee...I'm just bitter! Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    You should be able to walk up on any weekday game and exchange them at the window for "best available" in $38 range. It doesn't matter what you paid, you have a $38 ticket.
    The "window" is ran by the Reds.....Stubhub I believe purchases these tickets prior to and sells them. That's how I got $38 tickets for $13 as it was near game time and they didn't want to be stuck with them.

Anyways....I talked to the nice people from the box office and they can't do anything as I did not purchase my tickets thru them.....so they don't owe me anything....whereas Stubhub owes me $26 or I get tickets in those seats to the makeup game....which could be huge.

Lol...no biggee...I'm just bitter! Have a good day.
    Yea, no hard feelings.. glad you got the humor.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yea, no hard feelings.. glad you got the humor.
    Humor is about all I have to offer...

I had tickets for Thursday and now today!
    I hope it clears up!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Turn Off Ads?