Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Giants at Reds - July 4th

Re: Giants at Reds - July 4th

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Hockey only does it after a playoff clinching win.
    I don't watch much TV hockey, but whenever I go to a regular season Blues game in person, they do it after the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    I don't watch much TV hockey, but whenever I go to a regular season Blues game in person, they do it after the game.

College basketball does it too. I'm not sure when they started doing it but they didn't always do that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    What time? I've got the last four innings DVR'd, but would like to get the entire game.
    Sorry, actually, they started it immediately. And it was their usual rebroadcast, compressed within two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    Sorry, actually, they started it immediately. And it was their usual rebroadcast, compressed within two hours.
    No problem, and thanks anyway. My cable system (TWC) for whatever reason doesn't list the Reds games on my guide, even though my FSO station airs every available Reds game and has for years. So in order to DVR a Reds game I have to set the DVR to record every show in that three-hour time period. Does anyone else have this issue? Oh well, I got the last four innings DVR'd live, so that'll have to do. Better than nothing.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    No problem, and thanks anyway. My cable system (TWC) for whatever reason doesn't list the Reds games on my guide, even though my FSO station airs every available Reds game and has for years. So in order to DVR a Reds game I have to set the DVR to record every show in that three-hour time period. Does anyone else have this issue? Oh well, I got the last four innings DVR'd live, so that'll have to do. Better than nothing.
    MLB TV --- if the money is not an issue - is the answer for me - archived games can be viewed condensed / highlights / or as basic
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    MLB TV --- if the money is not an issue - is the answer for me - archived games can be viewed condensed / highlights / or as basic
    MLB.tv is worth every penny. Even though I'm a season ticket holder and live in Cincinnati, I get my money's worth by watching the west coast games when I get home. If I lived out of market it would be even more of a must purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Columbus being represented. Not a bad question. Has a manager coming out to argue ever resulted in the overturning of a call?

Does the Pine Tar Incident count, even though the "reverse" was later "reversed"?

Marty is saying he can "never" recall it happening.
    I remember when I was a kid in the 80's and the Reds were playing a West Coast team (Almost positive the Dodgers).
    There was a call when the Reds runner was called safe. The opposing manager came out and argued and the umps ended up calling the Reds player out. I remember being furious because I just assumed the calls were never reverse.
    Wish I could remember specifics, but I can't. I assume a different ump had a better view?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    MLB.tv is worth every penny. Even though I'm a season ticket holder and live in Cincinnati, I get my money's worth by watching the west coast games when I get home. If I lived out of market it would be even more of a must purchase.
    I am in the Cincy market up here -- but I can catch games I forgot to dvr & watch the other games - like when the Whiny Birds are losing

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Because of the rainout the Reds miss Cain and Bumgarner. Against Seattle it looks like they are gonna miss King Felix and Iwakuma. Nice.

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-05-2013),New York Red (07-05-2013),Red Raindog (07-05-2013)

Turn Off Ads?