Turn Off Ads?

Thread: To Appomatax: Civil War Miniseries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

To Appomatax: Civil War Miniseries

Does anyone know anything about this? From what I gather it was originally scheduled for this past spring but ran into funding problems and is now attempting a kickstarter campaign. I haven't checked out The Official Website yet, I may find answers there.

A couple of interesting things about this. First, the casting. Some of it sounds great: Steven Lang as Lincoln, Powers Booth as A.S. Johnston, Neal McDonough as Hooker. Some of it, such as Rob Lowe as Grant, is, well, interesting.

I own a book by the same name, written by Burke Davis in 1959. He's a southern sympathizer, even using "we" for the Confederates, and I'm not, but it's a well-written, fair book that I'd highly recommend. It only covers the last nine days, though, and the mini-series covers the whole war, so it's not exactly source material.

I have long wanted The History Channel to do a dramatic maxi-series on the Civil War, lasting several years. This series is only scheduled for eight episodes, and it will be hard to tell the story at that length.

Still, I'm excited about this. Has anyone heard anything?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Re: To Appomatax: Civil War Miniseries

Going back a few years ago a frequent feed delivery truck driver to our farm, was big into hardcore civil war reenactments. He claimed the History Channel was going to do a massive reenactment special, for the 150 anniversary of Gettysburg. We changed suppliers so I don't see him anymore. I havent seen anything like.that advertised.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Steven Lang has played George Pickett and Thomas Jackson. About time he played a Yankee

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Steven Lang has played George Pickett and Thomas Jackson. About time he played a Yankee
    I loved him in both of those roles. Seeing him as Lincoln would be awesome. Fun fact: when he met the director of Gettysburg in New York prior to casting, he said "Hello, I'm George Pickett." They didn't interview anyone else.

I listened to the audiobook of Joe Hill's "Heart Shaped Box" a few months ago just because Lang was the narrator (ended up discovering that Hill's a great writer.) I really want to see him play Lincoln.

This is why I need to be rich; I'd help stuff like this happen.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Some potential good news:

very recently, we have had interest from a party that would, quite frankly, allow us to produce the series exactly as MFB has envisioned it. As we pursue this opportunity, the production staff has decided that a crowd-funding effort at this time would be counter-productive, both in terms of our resources as well as the perception of what "To Appomattox" will ultimately be.

Without divulging details, the current situation is as exciting an opportunity as we have ever had. It will allow us to reach all U.S. households, and expand the series from 8 episodes to 10 or 12. Obviously, this is in preliminary stages, no deal is done, but we thought it best to put the Kickstarter campaign on the back burner until we have a clear understanding of where we stand.
    https://www.facebook.com/ToAppomatto...ocation=stream

Maybe Netflix?

Turn Off Ads?