Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I hate Facebook so much

Re: Why I hate Facebook so much

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    A business doesn't have to do anything you want it to do.
    exactly.. You spend money on reds they don't have to do anything for you also..smh

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DWS1125 View Post
    guys guys guys.. go out tonight.. meet a nice lady.. don't be a online troll.. You can't bait me :-) it's UFC FIGHT NIGHT
    Am I supposed to meet a lady or watch Silva/Weidman?

guys guys guys.. go out tonight.. meet a nice lady.. don't be a online troll.. You can't bait me :-) it's UFC FIGHT NIGHT
    What if she wants to get something to eat ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Am I supposed to meet a lady or watch Silva/Weidman?
    Go to a strip club, just don't touch the complimentary buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What if she wants to get something to eat ?!?!
    Come on, like that would be a problem. There are probably 10s of GMO free restaurants across the US.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

7. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-07-2013)

... don't be a online troll...
    If only you followed your own advice...

9. Likes:

919191 (07-07-2013),dougdirt (07-06-2013),foxfire123 (07-06-2013)

Me, I don't eat anything that I don't shoot myself. You wouldn't believe the number of McDonalds where I am no longer welcome.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

11. Likes:

Captain13 (07-08-2013),coachpipe (07-09-2013),dougdirt (07-06-2013),foxfire123 (07-06-2013),LoganBuck (07-06-2013),NebraskaRed (07-06-2013),Razor Shines (07-06-2013),RichRed (07-06-2013),Slyder (07-08-2013),Tommyjohn25 (07-13-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-07-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Me, I don't eat anything that I don't shoot myself. You wouldn't believe the number of McDonalds where I am no longer welcome.

13. Likes:

foxfire123 (07-09-2013)

exactly.. You spend money on reds they don't have to do anything for you also..smh
    Agreed, they don't.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Oh. My. God.

That is perfect.

A local guy here started Kenekted...a facebook without ads or silly games or a lot of the stuff people complain about. I joined and was promptly bored by the lack of any activity. It ain't easy coding something intuitive and easy to use that also grabs peoples imagination.

Not particularly surprised, but I'd have to see the source.

Something that I find troubling in a completely different way is that the Supreme Court ruled that Monsanto, I think, owns a copyright on their genetically modified food to an extent that a farmer who grows it is not allowed to plant a new crop using seed from the old, because this is copyright infringement.
    I am not an expert, but this is pretty common in agriculture.
    I can't buy a hybrid Rose that some company developed, grow it out, and start propagating it for sale.. That's protected too.
    Companies need protection like this, otherwise there's no incentive to develop new plants. It's no different than giving the drug companies protection for the drugs they sell.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Not particularly surprised, but I'd have to see the source.

Something that I find troubling in a completely different way is that the Supreme Court ruled that Monsanto, I think, owns a copyright on their genetically modified food to an extent that a farmer who grows it is not allowed to plant a new crop using seed from the old, because this is copyright infringement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505124_1...-on-seed-suit/

I didn't think of it that way when I was typing it, but I may be venturing into political content here; I'm not sure.
    Sorry to veer this off topic again, but I want to make a couple of quick points on this:

1) Monsanto owns a patent on the seed. Copyright is something entirely different. The patent right gives them what is essentially a monopoly for a 20 year period. Because of that patent right, the farmer does not have the right to make copies of the seed (odd in this case because the seed is essentially self-replicating when cultivated).

2) The farmer entered into a licensing agreement with Monsanto whereby he agreed to limit his use to one growing season, and also agreed not to save seed for subsequent seasons.

3) The farmer has every right not to use the Monsanto seed; however, given that it is resistant to Roundup and other pesticides, his labor would increase significantly and his yield would likely decrease significantly. Nonetheless, he could have opted not to use Monsanto seed.

4) Monsanto spent hundreds of millions of dollars inventing the pesticide resistant seed.

I have little doubt that Monsanto gouges the hell out of farmers for its seed, but that has little bearing on patent protection. I think the SCOTUS got this one right.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?