Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hughes and Chamberlain

Hughes and Chamberlain

The Yankees are said to be shopping both former phenom pitchers who are eligible for FA after the season. Could they help the Reds?

Hughes could be decent insurance for the rotation if Cueto is lost for the year. Chamberlain could be a power arm out of the bullpen that could help setup Chapman, at least while Marshall and Broxton are out.

What would be the max you'd be willing to offer for the package? I might offer Soto and Sharky. Maybe a lower level OF like Duran or Waldrop as well.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

Hubba (07-07-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hughes and Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    The Yankees are said to be shopping both former phenom pitchers who are eligible for FA after the season. Could they help the Reds?

Hughes could be decent insurance for the rotation if Cueto is lost for the year. Chamberlain could be a power arm out of the bullpen that could help setup Chapman, at least while Marshall and Broxton are out.

What would be the max you'd be willing to offer for the package? I might offer Soto and Sharky. Maybe a lower level OF like Duran or Waldrop as well.
    I wouldn't mind a deal like that. Hughes and Chamberlain are owed around $4 Million for the rest of the year. Unfortunately, I'd guess that the Yankees are looking for some offense which the Reds unfortunately don't really have to offer.

The Reds could stick Hughes in the Rotation, move Cingrani back to fortify the pen and put Chamberlain in Hoover's role and use Hoover to go out and get a better bat for the OF.

Reds could probably get Chamberlain for guys like you're talking about, but I'd guess they'd want a legit major league hitter for Hughes. Probably not really a good match unless a third team gets involved. My guess is the Yankees deal these guys for a decent kid or two and then flip those kids for a bat like Aramis Ramirez or some one like that. Personally , if the Reds had kids that could net Ramirez, I'd rather just get Ramirez.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Re: Hughes and Chamberlain

I don't see a reason for Hughes, but I agree on the Chamberlain sentiments.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-07-2013)

Turn Off Ads?