Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 7/7/2013 Reds v. Mariners

Re: 7/7/2013 Reds v. Mariners

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    17 of the next 20 on the road. A three-game home series with the Pirates mixed in. 10 games on the West Coast. Hold on, folks.
    9-11

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    9-11
    This stretch might go badly, but I'm not sure it will go so badly as to warrant a comparison to 9/11

4. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-07-2013),reds44 (07-08-2013),Tom Servo (07-07-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-07-2013)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

QUOTE=texasdave;2903082]17 of the next 20 on the road. A three-game home series with the Pirates mixed in. 10 games on the West Coast. Hold on, folks.[/QUOTE]

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Can't fix unrepairable parts.
    Then get a different set of eyes and ears and maybe things could change. Kevin Mitchell would be my 1st choice to be the hitting coach. Did you hear Doc Rogers after the game?? he had a plan before every game and it started during BP.. Doc was throwing BP and thru 3 straight fastballs down the middle.. he took all 3 and the next pitch was outside he swung and hit it to RF.. Then took perfect pitches down the middle and didnt swing.. Doc asked him after BP if he did anything wrong> Kevin Said, no he knew the pitcher that night would pitch him way so he was PREPARING for that..

This team doesn't have a VERY good plate approach.. Just like today, Bruce leading off the 7th.. the pitcher throws 2 in a row not near the plat.e. You need baserunners.. He swings at the next pitch and its a easy flyout.. Thats not smart baseball.. Thats why I wish Jocaby would be gone.. I dont see a teaching of the hitting approach. They dont have a plan when three is 2 outs and men on base... they showed I think Fridays game.. the Reds were LAST in hitting with 2 outs with men on base.. Like .178.. THAT is not doing your coaching job in my opinion...Mitchell would be a Huge upgrade since it seems Walt wont get players that makes the team better right now.. Our catchers/SS and sometimes LF have not helped this team..

Reds have the same record this year as they did last year after 88 games. 50-38.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Then get a different set of eyes and ears and maybe things could change. Kevin Mitchell would be my 1st choice to be the hitting coach. Did you hear Doc Rogers after the game?? he had a plan before every game and it started during BP.. Doc was throwing BP and thru 3 straight fastballs down the middle.. he took all 3 and the next pitch was outside he swung and hit it to RF.. Then took perfect pitches down the middle and didnt swing.. Doc asked him after BP if he did anything wrong> Kevin Said, no he knew the pitcher that night would pitch him way so he was PREPARING for that..

This team doesn't have a VERY good plate approach.. Just like today, Bruce leading off the 7th.. the pitcher throws 2 in a row not near the plat.e. You need baserunners.. He swings at the next pitch and its a easy flyout.. Thats not smart baseball.. Thats why I wish Jocaby would be gone.. I dont see a teaching of the hitting approach. They dont have a plan when three is 2 outs and men on base... they showed I think Fridays game.. the Reds were LAST in hitting with 2 outs with men on base.. Like .178.. THAT is not doing your coaching job in my opinion...Mitchell would be a Huge upgrade since it seems Walt wont get players that makes the team better right now.. Our catchers/SS and sometimes LF have not helped this team..
    I'd love to see an organizational shake-up when it comes to hitting. Not just Jacoby (who may or may not be good; I don't have the knowledge to make that call) but it's obvious to me that a lot of guys come up through the Reds system with poor approaches to hitting.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Reds have the same record this year as they did last year after 88 games. 50-38.
    I hear you -- but -- you knew there was a but --- I just feel like this team should be at least 5 games better than they are at this point

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Considering the Mariners hit homers in the first inning of each game, and scored 3 early runs in each game, and how two average pitchers shut down the Reds offense, you have to wonder about the Reds advanced scouting. It might be is reason why they are so lousy in Interleague play.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Cozart is the only viable everyday option at SS in the upper levels of the organization. The Reds have a huge amount invested in him because if he fails, they have to go get a high-priced free agent or play an Izturis type. I'm saying send Cozart down, let him get his crap together in a no-pressure scenario, and then bring him back up. Take the temporary hit with the Three Stooges at SS for a couple of weeks. This club needs Zack Cozart to hit and he doesn't look like coming out of this slump in the majors.
    Sure. I could go for that for a couple of weeks. But, I'd like Walt to be finding Izturis' relacement when Cozart gets back.

Of note: Seattle has scored 19 runs in their last two games (against Boston). Looks like we are not the only ones to catch them at a bad time.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?