Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pipe dream: Trade for Chris Sale

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Pipe dream: Trade for Chris Sale

CSN name drops the Reds in this article as well:
    http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-...ing-chris-sale
    I would trade basically anyone but Stephenson to get that guy. He's the real deal.
    I'd try to offer up Cingrani, Hamilton, Travieso, Y.Rodriguez, maybe even include Leake or Mes if necessary.

Probably wouldn't go over 4 players for 1 though.

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pipe dream: Trade for Chris Sale

The guy is obviously awesome, but I'm not sure the starting rotation is really what The Reds need to fix right now.

Besides, they'd probably look at his career stats, see that he came up as a reliever and then decide to make him Aroldis' set-up man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

4. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    CSN name drops the Reds in this article as well:
    http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-...ing-chris-sale
    I would trade basically anyone but Stephenson to get that guy. He's the real deal.
    I'd try to offer up Cingrani, Hamilton, Travieso, Y.Rodriguez, maybe even include Leake or Mes if necessary.

Probably wouldn't go over 4 players for 1 though.

I'm right there with you, I would trade anyone not named Votto, Latos, Bruce, or Stephenson in this organization for Sale. He would be a staple to what would guarantee a top five rotation in baseball. I couldn't imagine Latos, Stepehnson, and Sale in the same rotation.

Thoughts?

no way no how do I trade a prospect heavy load with also MLB proven talent for Chris Sale...Yes it would be nice to have Sale on the team but anything outside of Cingrani and 1 other high level prospect not named Hamilton or Stephenson and that is it.....Cingrani very well could be the next chris sale so why trade in the first place when we could keep our minor league talent where its at.

If anything, I would look at doing exactly what the article is referring the sox do, I would be looking to see what I could get for a Tony Cingrani? Maybye someone has fallen in love with the left handed pitcher who has shut down a few clubs....maybe someone wants to take a chance on the left hander who will be under control for several more years....I would give up Tony for a chance to stock up our minors with MLB ready talent if some GM wants to give it a go....

be as it may, we all need to realize that minor league talent is just that, minor league....they may never pan out....and at the exact same time, major league talent also at times does not pan out...guys have 1-2 good years all the time and then just fall off a cliff ala Edinson Volquez.....its hard to make Mat Latos-Yonder Alonso trades in todays game with the payroll structure that way it is.....Low to mid level clubs General Managers truly deserve every penny they make, their job is not easy and there is not a operations manual that you can follow from year to year....there are so many barometers to making a trade these days that I cannot fathom the stress that GM's go through when deciding what players to trade away and which ones to keep.

Can Sale play LF,SS,3B or catch? If not, pass. Reds don't need starting pitching. They need some bats that don't hack.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-09-2013),hebroncougar (07-09-2013),RedTeamGo! (07-09-2013),Revering4Blue (07-09-2013),The Operator (07-09-2013),TSJ55 (07-09-2013)

Chris Sale is an arm injury waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Chris Sale is an arm injury waiting to happen
    So is every pitcher ever.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

11. Likes:

The Operator (07-09-2013),Tom Servo (07-09-2013)

Turn Off Ads?