Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Francoeur to Reds?

Re: Francoeur to Reds?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Francouer is basically Heisey only older and more expensive (though we would presumably be getting him for the minimum).
    And he is not as versatile as a defender.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm will to put in $10 to a collection to up the offer of the other two teams.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Again, who else is better that is available for nothing? I agree we can trade for someone better than Francouer, but that is not what we're talking about right now. We would have to give up a lot to get a LF that would be an obvious/big upgrade. Hopefully that happens. In the meantime ...

I agree Francouer is not good. I disagree with the notion that he's not a better option against LHP than Derrick Robinson.

So you guys aren't pumped about potentially acquiring that new RH cleanup hitter you wanted?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

He will pick Atlanta and go home.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Relax guys, Walt's gotta throw a bone to Bizarro World Reds every now
    and then.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Say what?
    He has an unbelievable arm

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It is crazy how much money one can make from 2 extremely productive months at the beginning of a major league career. People still think he can hit like he did in his first 70 games at the major league level. He and Chris Shelton are the poster boys of why you should never get too excited or depressed about a small sample size.
    Had an .805 OPS in 2011 and plays great defense.

Don't get me wrong, he sucks, but yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

10. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (07-07-2013)

I don't think Walt's looking to solve the clean-up spot, I think he's looking to add someone who has the potential to run into one in a pinch-hitting role against a LHP. The only right-handed pop on the bench is usually Mes, who Dusty usually isn't going to use as a pinch hitter. Overall, I'd agree that Robinson would have more value due to his versatility, but if Choo is going to play almost every single inning in CF (which he has), then Robinson's versatility is marginalized. Heisey can play CF the one or two games the rest of the way that Choo needs a break.

12. Likes:

mth123 (07-07-2013),Redeyecat (07-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Jeff Francoeur's 2012 line: .235 BA .287 OBP .378 SLG
    Francoer's 2013 line: .208/.249/.322
    If Francoeur was an option being considered, then I'd much rather watch Billy Hamilton try to learn how to hit major league hitting.

14. Likes:

joshua (07-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It is crazy how much money one can make from 2 extremely productive months at the beginning of a major league career. People still think he can hit like he did in his first 70 games at the major league level. He and Chris Shelton are the poster boys of why you should never get too excited or depressed about a small sample size.
    His first 70 games were great but his next two season he played every single game and topped 100 RBI in each winning a Gold Glove and was a pretty fine player....I believe he played 1 more year before he made pretty good MLB money.......and a couple years ago he had 47 doubles and 20 HR

Agree he sucks now but a lot more than 70 games went into his first bigger contract.

If we had a manager who I was confident in to effectively use Francoeur against lefties in PH situations, I guess I could swallow this bitter pill. Still wouldn't like it, but could accept it. But RE: Jonny Gomes, to see how Dusty handles free-swinging righty outfielders who should never, ever see the light of day against righty pitching. Before you know it, Francoeur will be our every day option after he has a hot week.

17. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (07-07-2013),Edd Roush (07-07-2013),Redeyecat (07-08-2013)

Gigantic yuck...I was doing handsprings when the Royals FINALLY cut bait. Now he might give me worse nightmares as a Red? You think Heisey or Cozart drive you crazy? Frenchy will put several RZers in the nuthouse....I've had to watch him for three years...pleaaaaase...no mas!

19. Likes:

joshua (07-08-2013)

Not a fan of Frenchie, but would he likely will be better than Robinson going forward.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Not a fan of Frenchie, but would he likely will be better than Robinson going forward.
    Talk about damning a guy with faint praise...

... and I'm not even convinced that's a true statement!

22. Likes:

757690 (07-08-2013),Edd Roush (07-07-2013)

Turn Off Ads?