Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Francoeur to Reds?

Re: Francoeur to Reds?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yep.. I agree with the above.

Francoeur is not a good player, but given how thin the Reds are in the OF, he's worth picking up as a bat off the bench. And you're right, if Paul's injury is serious, we need to get SOMEONE .. Francour might be better than DRob.. worst case, they are close. If nothing else, Francour is a stopgap until something better is found.
    read post 69
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

He's awful. No thanks.

4. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-08-2013)

What scares me is this is probably the best Walt can do for getting help.

While I'll always root for this team as hard as I can, lately I've been thinking this won't be the year I was hoping for.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    If Walt is looking for a cheap defensive OF upgrade I'd rather him see what it takes to get Stubbs back from Cleveland, and that's saying a lot.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

While I'll always root for this team as hard as I can, lately I've been thinking this won't be the year I was hoping for.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

The Nolasco trade gave me hope. This was the second best arm truly available for purchase and most seem to be of the opinion it was for three warm bodies. The Reds problem is that if they acquire a bat it has to be at SS, 3B or LF/Right handed platoon type OF guy. I still see a bullpen upgrade as most likely, but a guy like Delmon Young might be available, and of interest to the Reds.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The Nolasco trade gave me hope. This was the second best arm truly available for purchase and most seem to be of the opinion it was for three warm bodies. The Reds problem is that if they acquire a bat it has to be at SS, 3B or LF/Right handed platoon type OF guy. I still see a bullpen upgrade as most likely, but a guy like Delmon Young might be available, and of interest to the Reds.
    I can never tell when you are serious. Delmon Young? Isn't he sort if like Francoeur with bad outfield defense and an anger management problem?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I can never tell when you are serious. Delmon Young? Isn't he sort if like Francoeur with bad outfield defense and an anger management problem?
    So he is just like Jeff Francoeur, but with the bat toss 8 years ago, because Frenchy isn't any good in the field either.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So he is just like Jeff Francoeur, but with the bat toss 8 years ago, because Frenchy isn't any good in the field either.
    I was joking about the anger management obviously -- for some reason, that's what always crosses my mind when anyone mentions Delmon.

I did not realize Frenchie was terrible in the OF. The horror...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I'd say there was more than just the bat toss incident as it relates to Delmon Young's baggage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...144804796.html
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd say there was more than just the bat toss incident as it relates to Delmon Young's baggage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...144804796.html
    Forgot about that one, but still. Delmon Young is a better hitter though.

I'd rather be water boarded than see Francoeur in a Reds uniform.

15. Likes:

coachpipe (07-09-2013),Nasty_Boy (07-08-2013),Norm Chortleton (07-09-2013),oneupper (07-08-2013),RedlegJake (07-08-2013),RichRed (07-08-2013),texasdave (07-09-2013)

Can Young hit better than the other guys currently on the team? Did he destroy Detroit last year? Is he right handed with pop? Will he cost a lot to acquire? Does he make too much money?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I would rather try to teach Donald Lutz how to bat right handed at the major league level than give Francoeur a spot on the roster. If Francoeur is our best available option to upgrade the team, you might as well build an iceberg above the bullpen in left center field for the river boat in center field to crash into.

18. Likes:

dougdirt (07-08-2013),Norm Chortleton (07-09-2013),Roy Tucker (07-08-2013)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I was joking about the anger management obviously -- for some reason, that's what always crosses my mind when anyone mentions Delmon.

I did not realize Frenchie was terrible in the OF. The horror...
    No, you weren't joking about the anger management issues. At least I hope you weren't. One thing that is certain about Delmon Young is that he's got a screw loose.

Turn Off Ads?