Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: 7/8/13 - Reds @ Milwaukee

Re: 7/8/13 - Reds @ Milwaukee

The best revenge is winning.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (07-09-2013),NebraskaRed (07-09-2013),Raisor (07-09-2013),TSJ55 (07-09-2013),westofyou (07-09-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I watched the replay several times this morning and Gomez didn't seem to go overboard IMO. Frame of reference: I'm VERY old school and subscribe to "Act like you've been here before...even if you haven't" theory. I'm all for hitting a guy between the numbers if he showboats, but this doesn't qualify.

Curious if anyone who was offended watches the play again and changes their opinion today after some time to cool off and absorb the sting a bit.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I just saw the catch. Great catch and I didn't see the showboating some of you saw. I thought Votto looled a little foolish with all his pointing. I'm sure he was just extremely frustrated as anyone would be. It's just a tough loss. A loss that can tear the soul out of a team. We will see how this team reacts. I think this is a definitely a fork in the road for the season. If they react well it could be a playoff season. If not this season could spiral away pretty quickly considering that most of July is on the road and out west to boot. I just don't like the vibe to this season. I know they are ahead by four games in the WC but it just doesn't seem the same as 2010 or 2012. Maybe they have just had some bad luck that could turn better or it's all the injuries. We will know by the end of this month where this team is headed.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I agree. This is the kind of loss that could stick with the team and knock them out of the playoff hunt if they don't regroup in a hurry.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

I understand it is just one game but Votto looked completely defeated after he realized what happened. Reminded me of a college basketball player after losing in the NCAA tourney. Looked like he was going to cry.

I'm only bummed that the homer was robbed. Saw it this morning on highlights, nice kick to the gut to start your day.

As for Gomez, why get all riled up? He's been a clown since day one, he's Milwaukee's clown, and they can have him on that collection of misfit toys that is going nowhere anytime soon. He does that type of stuff on a regular basis, so a game saving catch, wouldn't you expect him to really ham it up? Go get 'em the next two and win the series.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

You know, after the shock/disappointment/bitterness faded away, I realized that was one of the weirdest, intense, most exciting games I've seen in a while.

Mes barely being able to walk due to his back
    All of the runs being scored when there were already 2 outs
    That weird-o double play that ended the 8th
    Votto's go ahead 2-run HR being caught by a great catch (again, this would have been more runs scored after 2 outs)

Of course I wish the Reds would have won, but that was quite a game regardless.

10. Likes:

Hoosier Red (07-09-2013)

It's just a loss, the drama and breakages are a product of being a fan, the players have already moved on

Lets see them get some hits with less than two outs tonight

12. Likes:

redsmetz (07-09-2013),Tom Servo (07-09-2013)

As for Gomez, why get all riled up? He's been a clown since day one, he's Milwaukee's clown, and they can have him on that collection of misfit toys
    I'd take an All Star on my team. Guy's a good player who plays with energy every day.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I'd take an All Star on my team. Guy's a good player who plays with energy every day.
    He had a hot start. Last year was the first year he was actually serviceable, and Milwaukee rewarded him with a pretty health raise and LTC. Right now they look like geniuses. I am withholding judgment on a new level of performance. Prior to this season, he was an enigma.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?