Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 7/9/13 Reds @ Milwaukee

Re: 7/9/13 Reds @ Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Seriously. Getting shutout by Wily Peralta is like a T-ball team getting shut out. Dude had a 5 ERA coming into tonight's game.

Getting no runs in 9 inning against a scrub like that is not easily done.
    I was present to see Justin Lehr throw a shutout, so it can be done.

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-09-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Anyone who thinks Reds are still in the division race may be wrong. Five games out, behind two teams.

Still in the wild card hunt, yes.
    Hey, it's early
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

I'm currently on the phone to my travel agent to cancel my trip to Cincy after todays display
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Gotta move him out of the 4-hole.
    Sounds like a good thing that I'm not able to watch these recent games.

I said before I would move Phillips back to the 2 spot and put Heisey in as cleanup. Everything is back to opening day with a Heisey taking Ludwick's spot. I have much more confidence in Chris than most (or all) and think you'd get solid production from him. Now he's been hurt and sounds like he may be hurt again. Don't know where he got hit so this may be a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I had planned on surprising hubby with tickets when we're home in August. Not spending the money now. Call me a bad fan if you want, but I'm pretty disgusted with this team right now.
    Where have all the great women gone? Of course...you're married.

IF Fans start not showing up, and if this team comes back playing under .500 on this road trip or barely over it...then I see people being turned off again that quickly. That seems to be an issue of keeping people in the area...that are just casual fans...coming back for more.

I know it's not Castellini's style, but I wish he's pull a Steinbrenner and go into the clubhouse for a good old fashing a&& chewing on these guys.

Being screamed at by the fans isn't effecting them, Being screamed at by the media isn't effecting them. Maybe being screamed at by the guy who signs the paychecks and contracts would.

Brb going to set myself on fire.

10. Likes:

Australian Red (07-09-2013)

I know it's not Castellini's style, but I wish he's pull a Steinbrenner and go into the clubhouse for a good old fashing a&& chewing on these guys.

Being screamed at by the fans isn't effecting them, Being screamed at by the media isn't effecting them. Maybe being screamed at by the guy who signs the paychecks and contracts would.
    Think about the times in your life someone has chewed you out. Did you respond positively? Did you think how much you wanted to succeed for that person? The Reds are people too. Several of them are my neighbors and are great guys who want to win very, very badly. They aren't failing because they don't care, they're failing because they are failing. It happens. Yelling at them won't change that one bit.

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Thought about that today and I'm about to give it go. This is maddening!
    Sometimes it helps. Go get a beer, walk the dog, go see a movie, make goo-goo eyes at the spousal unit.

Nothing against you guys, but sometimes RZ gets pretty negative. Helps to step away from the ledge.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-09-2013)

Graig Nettles, on putting up with Steinbrenner's tantrums: "The more we lose, the more he'll fly in here. And the more he flies in, the better the chance there'll be a plane crash."
    Balls

16. Likes:

Crumbley (07-09-2013),Tom Servo (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Sometimes it helps. Go get a beer, walk the dog, go see a movie, make goo-goo eyes at the spousal unit.

Nothing against you guys, but sometimes RZ gets pretty negative. Helps to step away from the ledge.
    Makes you wonder how some of these posters lived from 2001-2009.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

reds1869 (07-09-2013),reds44 (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Where have all the great women gone? Of course...you're married.

IF Fans start not showing up, and if this team comes back playing under .500 on this road trip or barely over it...then I see people being turned off again that quickly. That seems to be an issue of keeping people in the area...that are just casual fans...coming back for more.
    We're a fickle bunch I'm afraid. It's been hard to trust this team over the years. I try NOT to care but it just doesn't work that way.

By the same token, I don't want to spend $$$ on 2 nights of a hotel room, tickets to a saturday game, and a trip to Newport Aquarium (since I refuse to go to Cinci and NOT see Scooter and Sweet Pea!) to just get ragingly PO'ed. And potentially arrested for tackling Castellini and demanding my money back...

On the flip side tho, it wouldn't be hard to get primo seats.....

Beat me with a wet noodle but I believe the hitting will come around... My worry is... Will the pitching still be this good?

And to paraphrase (?) another poster... Leake as the stopper. Who knew?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Makes you wonder how some of these posters lived from 2001-2009.
    Hey, I had season tickets in 1982.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 61-101 Reds. That team really bit the big one.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

22. Likes:

reds1869 (07-09-2013),Tom Servo (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Graig Nettles, on putting up with Steinbrenner's tantrums: "The more we lose, the more he'll fly in here. And the more he flies in, the better the chance there'll be a plane crash."
    Balls
    Yahbut, if *Castellini* did it, it might be such a shocker to their systems that it'll scare the funk right on outta them....

Turn Off Ads?