Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Cuddyer

Re: Michael Cuddyer

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    While GC would be nice, that trade is a pipe dream. Although the Marlins have shown willingness to walk into bad trades, I'm not sure they would fall into that pungi pit.... they are going to want more than a reliever, who alone cannot change the outcome of games for them, unlike GC.

Getting GC would change the reds for the better over the short term, but I believe the long term costs would make em Cubs like.
    I doubt the Marlins would want Chapman. He's about to get expensive.
    The whole motivation to trade Stanton would be to save cash.

The Marlins are going to want minor leaguers from the Reds to get GC. Maybe they'd be interested in cheap young players like Cozart and Frasier. But they probably want Cingrani, Stephenson, Hamilton, and the other top prospects.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think the Reds should give serious consideration to trading Chapman. He may be the best trading chip they have. I believe he's under contract for at least a couple more years and at a fairly manageable price. Including him in a deal could mean the team won't have to bleed more of its top prospects like it has the last two years. He may not bring Stanton, but he could fetch a pretty good young bat from another contending team that isn't just a rental. As far as a closer, I think the Reds still have several guys down in the bullpen who can get three outs in the 9th inning.

4. Likes:

herbdizzle (07-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Always love reading over here about all the players that we want, yet we expect to get them for a bucket of balls and a couple bad players.

Cuddyer is an All Star...typically you have to give something up to get an All Star
    Yup and he is bound to regress. It would be a classic mistake of buying high. Plus being in the NL West, I don't think the Rockies will necessarily sell off parts anyway.

Thing is if the Rocks sell Cuddyer it will only be to get better now, I don't see them selling and giving up on the season. So any Cuddyer deal would mean a meaningful parts(s) from the Reds which might be a spinning wheels type of move.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Thing is if the Rocks sell Cuddyer it will only be to get better now, I don't see them selling and giving up on the season. So any Cuddyer deal would mean a meaningful parts(s) from the Reds which might be a spinning wheels type of move.
    Not to mention paying for his 1st half production and likely not getting that production in the 2nd half.

Turn Off Ads?