Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Paul Daugherty: Not so Cheery outlook for the Reds

Paul Daugherty: Not so Cheery outlook for the Reds

Paul Daugherty put out a piece on the Reds on the 13th.... unfortunately I am with him on many assessments... I don't really think they are as lack luster in the offense department... definitely could use a spark, and I think thats part of Dusty's role that he is just not fulfilling.

News Cincinnati.Com

2. Turn Off Ads?
    CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Re: Paul Daugherty: Not so Cheery outlook for the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Paul Daugherty put out a piece on the Reds on the 13th.... unfortunately I am with him on many assessments... I don't really think they are as lack luster in the offense department... definitely could use a spark, and I think thats part of Dusty's role that he is just not fulfilling.

News Cincinnati.Com
    Daugherty is typical of much of Cincinnati sports media. Writing often slants to the negative to the point that it's just hard to read. That and most of the time he's flat out WRONG. I enjoy his writing on things that are less about sports and more about life, but a lot of the time his sports rants are unreadable for me.

Plus the dude is a PIRATES fan.

4. Likes:

marcshoe (07-18-2013)

Not speaking only on this article, but it seems Daugherty does nothing about complain about literally everything anymore. And I think it's the hitters' roles to create offense, not so much the manager

That's it. Strikeout less, score more runs. Just continuing to prove how clueless he is with each passing article.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by gfas View Post
    Not speaking only on this article, but it seems Daugherty does nothing about complain about literally everything anymore. And I think it's the hitters' roles to create offense, not so much the manager
    If they can't hit, then they can't hit. But it's the coach's job to put them in the best position to do their job. Clubhouse outsider looking in, I think Dusty can improve in that department because from my couch it seems he has lost touch with the pulse of the team, and possibly mainstream baseball.

The eye poke regarding the batters needing to be more aggressive when clearly they are leading the pack in first swings is just the latest.

The eye poke was aimed at one guy. The league leader in walks who's being paid to drive in runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadConant View Post
    The eye poke was aimed at one guy. The league leader in walks who's being paid to drive in runs.
    I'm talking about Thom Brennaman shocking Dusty by telling him the Reds lead the league in swings at first pitches after Dusty saying the Reds batters need to be more aggressive. Is he that out of touch with his own team?

Yes, he has had some quotes in the past that contradict his team's stats.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Paul Daugherty: Not so Cheery

He could have stopped there.

GL

12. Likes:

dougdirt (07-17-2013)

Lame article.

The Reds are in the wildcard slot now.
    They had a very hot start to the season (which Paul ignored), and a lackluster June/July.

They can still finish the season strong. Maybe that doesn't get them the division, but if they are hot at the end of the season, they have as good a chance as anyone at the WS. The pitching is good enough for a postseason run. We just need the big 4 on the offense to get hot at the end of the season.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

The notion that Scott Rolen's mere presence in the clubhouse will add wins is just as silly as saying Brandon Phillips is the Reds' first half MVP.

Turn Off Ads?