Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Cuddyer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Michael Cuddyer

http://msn.foxsports.com/topics/devi...n.htm?m_n=true

Ken Rosenthal lists the Reds as a possibility for Cuddyer if the Rockies decide to sell. He would be great in the cleanup spot. Problems are that he is owed 10.5 mil next season and the Reds likely would have to give up some worthwhile players. Cuddyer is second in the league with a .972 OPS.

Re: Michael Cuddyer

Alex Rios anyone?

3. Likes:

coachpipe (07-10-2013),markymark69 (07-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Boro_BG_Red View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/topics/devi...n.htm?m_n=true

Ken Rosenthal lists the Reds as a possibility for Cuddyer if the Rockies decide to sell. He would be great in the cleanup spot. Problems are that he is owed 10.5 mil next season and the Reds likely would have to give up some worthwhile players. Cuddyer is second in the league with a .972 OPS.
    Would be an awesome addition if the Reds could swing it.
    Man, I really hope we add a LF at the deadline.. This offense could really use another bat.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

5. Likes:

Captain13 (07-18-2013),remdog (07-10-2013)

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Hmm...

I like Cuddyer. I don't know that I'd be willing to give up a lot to get him though.

I like Alex Rios more, just because he can play a league average CF. Choo is never going to be comfortable in CF, I think that is becoming apparent to most(?). So, moving him to LF and slotting Rios into CF would still be an upgrade to the defense overall in my thinking. Rios also has a large amount coming to him next year, so Walt would probably have to overpay to get the Sox to kick in cash as well.

Another thought is, the Rockies are still somewhat in it, whereas Chisox are open for business in the trade market. A lot can change before the deadline of course, and Walt works in mysterious ways. Should be frustratingly fun for all to see what happens.

7. Likes:

remdog (07-10-2013)

Seems reckless. Jocketty isn't trying to win just now, he's building a sustainable winning club. While Cuddyer would certainly help, I'm not sure I'd like what the reds would have to give up for him, possibly jeopardizing the long term health of the club.

I think Walt made his "big" move in the offseason with Choo, I really believe all involved believe once Ludwich and others get off the DL this team will take off...problem is they are so wrong

Cuddyer and/or Rios would be great, but I think would be rich for our blood right now - and I'm not sure we have enough capital (in the form of players) to swing a deal like that.

Probably not the answer that everyone or anyone is looking for, but we may have to settle for a guy like Justin Ruggiano, decent power, righty-bat and wouldn't cost major prospects.

Sorry I will pass on Rios and Cuddyer and go with this -

I am thinking right now Walt could fill 2 holes pretty easily (maybe) Aoki would be a good leadoff moving Choo to second spot, and Michael Young to play 3rd (Since the rangers paid the huge part of his contract, we could rent MY for the rest of the year for about 3 mil, giving Frazier and his "long swing" a chance to work on some mechanics.

These are the 2 glaring holes, this also allows cozart to hit 7th where we could "live" with his OPS. If you ask me I am not sold on Hamilton for the next few seasons so Aoki would be a perfect fit for this team as a cheap fill in until there is such a time.
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Always love reading over here about all the players that we want, yet we expect to get them for a bucket of balls and a couple bad players.

Cuddyer is an All Star...typically you have to give something up to get an All Star

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Always love reading over here about all the players that we want, yet we expect to get them for a bucket of balls and a couple bad players.

Cuddyer is an All Star...typically you have to give something up to get an All Star
    Don't see anyone suggesting we offer a bag of balls and Izturis. Just merely acknowledging that it would take a lot, possibly too much, too add Cuddyer or Rios.

14. Likes:

markymark69 (07-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post

Yup and he is bound to regress. It would be a classic mistake of buying high. Plus being in the NL West, I don't think the Rockies will necessarily sell off parts anyway.

What is too much???

The only way that Billy Hamilton is going to help to take the Reds to the next level is when he is packaged into a trade to get an actual All Star caliber baseball players

What about giving Robinson a full time look in the 2 hole at some point instead of salivating over what Hamilton might do? I mean, Derrick's not exactly slow and he can at least hit big league pitching some.

As far as Cuddy, I'm not sure where we match what the Rockies would need unless Walt's willing to do Stephenson or Travieso as part of the deal. If they're going to deal one of them, I'd rather get Dexter Fowler to play center long term at a lower cost than Choo or Cuddy and shop Billy, though Walt may have to part with him to get a guy like Fowler.

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

The more I look at it, I don't think Walt does much of anything before the deadline. IF he were to make a move, I would love for it to be a slobberknocker...

*Wayne's World Dream Sequence*

Walt ships Aroldis Chapman + a number of other prospects not named Stephenson, Winker, or Hamilton to the Marlins in exchange for Giancarlo Stanton

*/Wayne's World Dream Sequence*

Hey, a fella can dream. Also, John Erardi agrees so there's that I guess.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...-trade-Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Red View Post
    The more I look at it, I don't think Walt does much of anything before the deadline. IF he were to make a move, I would love for it to be a slobberknocker...

*Wayne's World Dream Sequence*

Walt ships Aroldis Chapman + a number of other prospects not named Stephenson, Winker, or Hamilton to the Marlins in exchange for Giancarlo Stanton

*/Wayne's World Dream Sequence*

Hey, a fella can dream. Also, John Erardi agrees so there's that I guess.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...-trade-Chapman
    While GC would be nice, that trade is a pipe dream. Although the Marlins have shown willingness to walk into bad trades, I'm not sure they would fall into that pungi pit.... they are going to want more than a reliever, who alone cannot change the outcome of games for them, unlike GC.

Getting GC would change the reds for the better over the short term, but I believe the long term costs would make em Cubs like.

Turn Off Ads?