Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Long time lurker, first time member

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Long time lurker, first time member

Hi all!

I've read this forum for a number of years and now, having moved a couple of years ago to the west coast from the Dayton, Ohio area I feel the time is ripe to renew the bonds of Reds-ship with my fellow fanatics of the original men in red.

I'm a third generation Reds fan and remember with fondness a childhood filled with hot summer nights on my grandpa's porch listening to Marty and Joe call the game. Even, when the men were (often) terrible, they were still the source of many of my childhood hopes and dreams. Most of that came crashing down in high school when my varsity coach relegated me to mop up status in those fun blowout situations.

Anyhow, great to finally register, and I probably should have done so sooner. Looking forward to partaking in some of the great conversation that goes on here. (and hopefully avoiding getting caught up in the troll bait I know happens at times too!)

Talk soon!

OC Red

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-10-2013),GIK (07-10-2013),Joseph (07-10-2013),mdccclxix (07-10-2013),mth123 (07-13-2013),New York Red (07-12-2013),RedlegJake (07-11-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Long time lurker, first time member

Dayton to Irvine... So close and yet so far.

Welcome!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Re: Long time lurker, first time member

Hahah, thanks! Yeah, met one of those California girls and it was all over for me.

Turn Off Ads?