Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1. Choo 2. Votto 3. Phillips 4. Bruce ....... the time is NOW!!!!!!!

Stat geek...and proud

Re: 1. Choo 2. Votto 3. Phillips 4. Bruce ....... the time is NOW!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Votto has been in a rbi slump all year long! He's hitting less than .130 with 2 outs and RISP.
    Maybe he secretly wants to be a leadoff hitter, if he only had some speed and could figure out how to slde. (he still has not figured that out just yet).

Oh yea, I'm all in for this LOGICAL batting order!
    Since when is 24 ABs is a significant sample in ANY situation?

2. Likes:

Raisor (07-11-2013),RedEye (07-11-2013),reds44 (07-11-2013),tomnuetten (07-11-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    When you have an agenda.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    When you are hitting .800 or better.

Am I the only one who doesn't get why Robinson is treated like the worst thing ever on here?

He has a .338 OBP this year. Don't get me wrong, he's bad, but people act like he's the worst player ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    You are out of your mind. Dusty has been a manager for years and he knows what he's doing. What could a bunch of nerds wearing pocket protectors who stopped playing the game after tee ball know about lineups? Leave the strategy to the ones who are paid to do it. I'd rather just enjoy the game and throw out some opinions now and then.
    This earns the Sarcasm Star Award for most tongue-in-cheek post!

8. Likes:

RedEye (07-11-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't get why Robinson is treated like the worst thing ever on here?

He has a .338 OBP this year. Don't get me wrong, he's bad, but people act like he's the worst player ever.
    Not that I completely agree with the ones acting that way, but after riding a very high BABIP to start the year, he has hit .220/.281/.341 since June began and that is with a .300 BABIP to his name. He certainly brings defense to the outfield and it's pretty darn good defense at that, but he rode a .467 BABIP in April and May to produce and over the last two months it has been normal and well, he has been awful at the plate.

You're not alone 44. Obviously he's not the savior or anything, but he's certainly not the worst thing I've ever seen swing a bat or field a ball.

Of course, I mostly go by the way he looks and moves on the diamond as well as his baseball intentions as opposed to stats so keep quiet most of the time.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not that I completely agree with the ones acting that way, but after riding a very high BABIP to start the year, he has hit .220/.281/.341 since June began and that is with a .300 BABIP to his name. He certainly brings defense to the outfield and it's pretty darn good defense at that, but he rode a .467 BABIP in April and May to produce and over the last two months it has been normal and well, he has been awful at the plate.
    Oh absolutely. I don't disagree with anything you just said, nor do I really find him as a reasonable solution for anything long term, but the finger pointing at him and making him the poster boy to the Reds bad offense doesn't seem fair/right to me.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Cozart's hitting stats makes him a subpar choice for hitting 2nd in front of Votto?

This might sound a little "out there", but it might be time to move him down in the order and try to find a batter with higher OBP to hit in front of Votto and the boys.
    Ha, groundbreaking.

Oh absolutely. I don't disagree with anything you just said, nor do I really find him as a reasonable solution for anything long term, but the finger pointing at him and making him the poster boy to the Reds bad offense doesn't seem fair/right to me.
    Cozart is the poster boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Cozart is the poster boy.
    And he deserves it. As does Hanigan.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

And he deserves it. As does Hanigan.
    The same Hanigan that many RZrs were clamoring to bat in the 2 hole? Say it ain't so.

But on a more serious note, Hanigan needs to go on the DL and stay there until he is healthy, 100% healthy.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    When you have an agenda.
    Ok Raisor, I give up, what is my "agenda"? For Votto to hit for more power, Hr's and doubles and to drive in more runs? Ok, guilty as charged.
    The man signed a $252 million contract for 12 years! Yes, I would like a little more from him...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Ok Raisor, I give up, what is my "agenda"? For Votto to hit for more power, Hr's and doubles and to drive in more runs? Ok, guilty as charged.
    The man signed a $252 million contract for 12 years! Yes, I would like a little more from him...
    What would you be happy with? What numbers?

Dude is currently 4th in the NL in OPS
    Last edited by Raisor; 07-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    It's been a few hours, is the time still NOW????
    Time is but a spatial metaphor.

There is a universe where Cozart bats #8. Just not ours.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?