Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 7/11/13 Reds at Braves

Re: 7/11/13 Reds at Braves

If the goal is winning the World Series than you have to make the playoffs first.

And I still say they win the division by ten games

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post

BTW, first time I've heard Jim Day do play-by-play. Not sure who he's filling in for but please come back. Dude has a hard enough time doing CincinnatiUSA.com commercials. Seems like a nice guy though.
    I think it's because Marty is on vacation.
    I guess Thom is not available either?

But you're right on. Latos blew this one by giving up 6 runs. The offense did their job tonight.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Good catch. He had plenty of time to decide where to slide. No clue what he was doing there.
    He's a total head case when it comes to sliding! And A bit of a WUSS...

But he had a banner day at the plate today, a sac rbi and an infield hit that scored another run, with the help of an error. His OBP is still awesome!

I forgot he had a couple of really nice throws, and they even took a blatant error away from him. Why? I have no frickin clue.

I guess the "tear down your superstar" backlash has set in on Votto. Who had "Year Two" of the contract extension in the pool?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

reds1869 (07-12-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-12-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    If the goal is winning the World Series than you have to make the playoffs first.

And I still say they win the division by ten games
    Dude there is no way that is happening. There are only 70 games left and they are 5 and 6 behind in the loss column to two teams in the division.

Catch the Pirates - good possibility.

Catching both - unlikely but not unreasonable

Winning the division by ten games at this point in the season meaning the Cards and Pirates both collapse and the Reds play .650+ ball the rest of the way - downright laughable

8. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-12-2013),WVRedsFan (07-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Dude there is no way that is happening. There are only 70 games left and they are 5 and 6 behind in the loss column to two teams in the division.

Catch the Pirates - good possibility.

Catching both - unlikely but not unreasonable

Winning the division by ten games at this point in the season meaning the Cards and Pirates both collapse and the Reds play .650+ ball the rest of the way - downright laughable
    Except that's exactly what happened last year. With the team's pitching it is entirely possible.

Except that's exactly what happened last year. With the team's pitching it is entirely possible.
    If the Reds go 45-25 and the Cards go 31-41.....you are right

11. Likes:

reds44 (07-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    He's a total head case when it comes to sliding! And A bit of a WUSS...

But he had a banner day at the plate today, a sac rbi and an infield hit that scored another run, with the help of an error. His OBP is still awesome!

I forgot he had a couple of really nice throws, and they even took a blatant error away from him. Why? I have no frickin clue.
    You planning on going up to him and telling him that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    No way this team goes 45-25 the rest of the way, and I like this team a good bit. The Cards going 31-41 is also very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You planning on going up to him and telling him that?
    He never attempts to break up a DP, if you don't have a problem with that, well fine...

Falcon, I asked you this before: what numbers does Votto need to put up to make you happy ?

Falcon, I asked you this before: what numbers does Votto need to put up to make you happy ?
    He needs to play better PERIOD! All the way around. Are you seriously happy with his play this year?

Like I said before he needs to hit for more power Hr's, doubles ect. and drive in more runs, especially in the CLUTCH.
    His doubles are way down this year (17), he had 44 last year and missed what, about 50 games.
    3 run homers or slams this year = 0.
    Games with more than 2 rbi's = 0.
    He needs to pull the ball with power every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    He needs to play better PERIOD! All the way around. Are you seriously happy with his play this year?

Like I said before he needs to hit for more power Hr's, doubles ect. and drive in more runs, especially in the CLUTCH.
    His doubles are way down this year (17), he had 44 last year and missed what, about 50 games.
    3 run homers or slams this year = 0.
    Games with more than 2 rbi's = 0.
    He needs to pull the ball with power every now and then.
    Dude's OPS is well over 900. Slg is 500.

I'm not sure why you won't give us an actual number. Unless there's nothing he can do to make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Reds went on 49-24 last year at one point.

Cards went 23-30 last year at one point.

Long seasons have runs like that for most teams.

It's really not that unlikely at all for either to happen. It's less unlikely for both to happen at the same time, but the Reds could still, very easily win this division in a cake walk. Stuff like that happens every year in MLB.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Dude's OPS is well over 900. Slg is 500.

I'm not sure why you won't give us an actual number. Unless there's nothing he can do to make you happy.
    At this point, I would like to see around 100 rbi's, to get to that #, his doubles and HR's would have to increase dramatically as well, there is almost no chance he can do this.
    Of course I would also like him to hit .310 with an OPS of 1 and Slg around .600. And to not make any more errors, mental or physical.
    Now is this remotely realistic or even fair at this stage in the season, of course not.
    That's why I've just stated in general what I would like to see from him:
    "He needs to hit for more power Hr's, doubles ect. and drive in more runs, especially in the CLUTCH."

Clearly he is one of the best hitters in all of baseball, "and if we had 2 more like him, putting up his current stats. we would likely be 5 games up!
    Last edited by Falcon7; 07-12-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Turn Off Ads?