Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 7/11/13 Reds at Braves

Re: 7/11/13 Reds at Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Cozart was on base twice tonight, although one was called an error and probably was a hit.

Do you really think Cozart hitting second is the reason for all this bad play?
    You're fighting a battle you cannot win.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cozart was on base twice tonight, although one was called an error and probably was a hit.

Do you really think Cozart hitting second is the reason for all this bad play?
    You talked about Frazier needing to adjust the way he hits....well Cozart doing his routine of upper cutting and dropping his shoulder.... his swing is not very good.
    Even if he got a hit tonight..... his swing continues to be bad and he is not going to get better by just playing and not changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I'm a liitle confused : the two left handed hitters strike out and everyone's piling on the right handed hitter who at at put the bat on the ball?
    It's just that if you repeat the name Cozart enough people don't look past it.

I read RedsZone to see some good baseball analysis. Instead I see all the anger directed to one player and a batting order slot.

Tonight the problem was Latos, the umpire, Votto's defense, and IMO Frazier's at bat with two men on in the eighth. Not Zack Cozart.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Hey, no fair leaving BP out of the mix. He's in the midst of a 30-point drop over the last month. He should be on your maybe list too.
    Bp clearly suffered from the injury sustained in pittsburgh. Hes had some big hits the last two nights. His track record is solid. Like Arroyo, I'm pretty sure what we will get from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You talked about Frazier needing to adjust the way he hits....well Cozart doing his routine of upper cutting and dropping his shoulder.... his swing is not very good.
    Even if he got a hit tonight..... his swing continues to be bad and he is not going to get better by just playing and not changing it.
    You do realize baseball is hard, right? You can't just say stop dropping your shoulder and all of a sudden the problem is fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post

Difference is nobody's piling on Frazier the way they're piling on Cozart.

I read RedsZone to see some good baseball analysis. Instead I see all the anger directed to one player and a batting order slot.

Tonight the problem was Latos, the umpire, Votto's defense, and IMO Frazier's at bat with two men on in the eighth. Not Zack Cozart.
    If you're looking for tonight's problem you can stop with Latos. Can't give up 6 runs and expect to win. Happens sometimes, but stinks when your offense erupts for 5 and it's not enough.

Cozart, Frazier, lack of LF and C have been problems fairly consistently all year. While Zach didn't lose this game, I don't see a huge problem complaining where he hits in the lineup (though to see the holes it's hard to find an optimal place for all of them to hit).

BTW, first time I've heard Jim Day do play-by-play. Not sure who he's filling in for but please come back. Dude has a hard enough time doing CincinnatiUSA.com commercials. Seems like a nice guy though.
    This place use to be fun

9. Likes:

reds44 (07-11-2013)

Red Zoan has always been this way. They always find the last guy in the lineup or on the bench and blame him for everything. See Cory patterson, Juan Castro, Paul Janish, Miguel Cairo, etc. KoKo Cordero was a true warrior but once the piling on started it was irreversable. I guess its just human nature.

11. Likes:

Kc61 (07-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    You do realize baseball is hard, right? You can't just say stop dropping your shoulder and all of a sudden the problem is fixed.
    Yes I do. I played it for 3 years in college after 10 years of LL...and even then it was hard and it got harder.

How would you know until he stops doing it? If he was not doing it almost every AB....we could say it is not just his mechanics, besides obviously being in his head.

I fielded like Juan Castro playing all over the INF, except 1B. I hit like him too ...so I should know how hard it is and how bad you can look.. even when I had no mechanical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    If you're looking for tonight's problem you can stop with Latos.
    Considering the effort young Leake gave us yesterday, Matt's performance tonight was very disappointing. Leake gave us something to build on and it was all for naught.

14. Likes:

Ironman92 (07-11-2013), REDREAD (07-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Difference is nobody's piling on Frazier the way they're piling on Cozart.
    I believe they are. There are plenty that are.

And for the record... Latos has more than to do with this loss than Cozart...obviously. All I did was point out his flawed swing that no one seems to be doing a good job of changing.

Does anyone try to go the opposite field out of the Cozart, Frazier, Mesoraco and Heisey law firm? At least that one bit of adjustment would help....at least an attempt made to see if that can get you going. Yet they become even more pull happy the worse they get.

16. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (07-11-2013)

Looking ahead at the schedule I think we can win probably half of our next 13 games (10-3)

/Dustymath

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

In spite of all the hand-wringing, this team is going to make the playoffs. The pitching is too good. They have a four-game lead in the wildcard. They are going to get healthy (knock on wood) in the second half.
    Starting August 1st on, they will play 10 more home games than road games.
    Starting September 9th on, they play the Cubs, the Brewers, the Astros, the Mets three times each and the Pirates six times.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    In spite of all the hand-wringing, this team is going to make the playoffs. The pitching is too good. They have a four-game lead in the wildcard. They are going to get healthy (knock on wood) in the second half.
    Starting September 9th on, they play the Cubs, the Brewers, the Astros, the Mets three times each and the Pirates six times.
    A good schedule in Sept for sure....but IMO they have to turn it around before Aug 1st

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Call me stupid but just making the playoffs isn't enough for me. That's baseball in the age of Selig and it stinks. I just want this team to play like they are capable of, and so far they haven't been doing that.

And if they play like they did against the Mariners and the Brew Cru, that September schedule looks pretty daunting.

Turn Off Ads?