Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 7/11/13 Reds at Braves

Re: 7/11/13 Reds at Braves

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I know. But when you come in here chirping about Votto only during the tough times, it shows your true colors. Jumping on a guy when he is "down".

The fact that apparently you were nowhere to be found on this issue last year (if so please show me) is critical to put your take in perspective.
    Problem with his assertion is he's wrong period when referencing that list and saying This Year!!

Votto is in pace to make that lists again, a short list of Reds great seasons in a long history

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I know. But when you come in here chirping about Votto only during the tough times, it shows your true colors. Jumping on a guy when he is "down".

The fact that apparently you were nowhere to be found on this issue last year (if so please show me) is critical to put your take in perspective.
    I mentioned his lack of power a lot last year. It's just discussion, I would love to have more players just like Votto, who in their right mind wouldn't?
    Please read all my post, don't just pick and choose.
    I've said even in this thread that he is one of the best hitters in all of baseball.

"chirping about Votto". Is he beyond any and all criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    He never attempts to break up a DP, if you don't have a problem with that, well fine...
    This is your problem with Joey Votto?

Johnny Bench I think had a more than a few times that he did not try to break up a DP. Good grief....that is what he is being paid to do?

I mentioned his lack of power a lot last year. It's just discussion, I would love to have more players just like Votto, who in their right mind wouldn't?
    Please read all my post, don't just pick and choose.
    I've said even in this thread that he is one of the best hitters in all of baseball.

"chirping about Votto". Is he beyond any and all criticism?
    I can say with 100 percent certainty he is beyond being called a WUSS.

I'm talking about what he is doing/not doing this YEAR, 2013!
    So this is the year that defines a career?

If he does not go all JohnnY bench September 1972 or Ludwick July-August 2012....he is clearly a failure. Best hitter on the team and he has to do it all....Now he does because he is paid the most.

Turn Off Ads?