Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Per Fay: Dusty to stick with Cozart at 2

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Per Fay: Dusty to stick with Cozart at 2

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...ck-Cozart-No-2

I believe I speak for many when I say )@(*$)(&!($)!)(&~__)*@)($&)

Seriously, Dusty? Are you suggesting that Cozart is simply learning how to hit in the 2 hole? Implying that grounding to third in the 8 spot is different than grounding to third in the 2 hole?

This... this makes my head hurt...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Per Fay: Dusty to stick with Cozart at 2

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Red View Post
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...ck-Cozart-No-2

I believe I speak for many when I say )@(*$)(&!($)!)(&~__)*@)($&)

Seriously, Dusty? Are you suggesting that Cozart is simply learning how to hit in the 2 hole? Implying that grounding to third in the 8 spot is different than grounding to third in the 2 hole?

This... this makes my head hurt...
    What is Baker to say? Cozart, you suck but I have no one else on this team that can hit, so your it? Comes a time when reality sets in and one realizes "damn, we have no one on this team that is worth a hoot with the bat".

Walt really has Dusty's hands tied. As soon as Ludwick went down Walt should've have been on the phone. The shortstop can't hit, the 3rd baseman can't hit, the catcher can't hit and the the left fielder can't hit. Way too many black holes in the lineup.

Even with a healthy Ludwig, we have 4 holes in our order every game. If Bruce is cold, 5. Bring Soto up to replace Frazier at 3rd. Send Izzy packing and start teaching Hamilton how to play SS again. Find a catcher who can hit and get Greg Vauhn out from under a bridge and give him Jacoby's job. Vauhn will light a fire under these guys butts or find a bat upside their heads. No leadership on this team at all. AND YES, LEADERSHIP IS IMPORTANT!!!

My 10 year old son thinks you bat the best hitters at the top of the lineup and the worst hitters at the bottom. I agree.

7. Likes:

OC_Red (07-12-2013),Wedge (07-12-2013)

I said in another thread that it was crazy to have Cozart batting before Votto as Votto ends up leading off way more than any other #3 hitter in the league. I was told that I was crazy and Cozart was fine there. Yep. He does well.

I like Cozart and think he can come around. I don't have an issue with him in the lineup. I have a BIG issue with where in the lineup he is though. Get him lower. Dusty is not one to think outside the box. He is set in his ways and is inflexible on his decisions. And never second guess him, oh no. He hates that. Solution, Dusty: WIN AND WE WON'T QUESTION YOUR LINEUPS.

there is a simple solution to this...MOVE COZART OUT OF THE TWO SPOT. Problem solved. Go with this lineup...

Choo (who should platoon with Heisey)
    Phillips
    Votto
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Paul (who should platoon with Robinson)
    Catcher (whomever is starting)
    Cozart
    Pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fan View Post
    there is a simple solution to this...MOVE COZART OUT OF THE TWO SPOT. Problem solved. Go with this lineup...

Choo (who should platoon with Heisey)
    Phillips
    Votto
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Paul (who should platoon with Robinson)
    Catcher (whomever is starting)
    Cozart
    Pitcher
    Dusty would say you can't bat Votto and Bruce next to each other. "Gotta split up them lefties!"

Stubborn Dusty. Will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    Dusty would say you can't bat Votto and Bruce next to each other. "Gotta split up them lefties!"
    I would reply...PROVE ME WRONG. Try it for say 2 weeks and see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    My 10 year old son thinks you bat the best hitters at the top of the lineup and the worst hitters at the bottom. I agree.
    You've raised your boy right
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Walt really has Dusty's hands tied. As soon as Ludwick went down Walt should've have been on the phone. The shortstop can't hit, the 3rd baseman can't hit, the catcher can't hit and the the left fielder can't hit. Way too many black holes in the lineup.
    Are Walt's hands tied? There are valuable chips that I believe the Reds would rather not lose.... and I'm not sure the owners are willing to add more to the payroll.

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

I wonder if Walt would ever get to the point where he storms the dugout before a game ala Billy Beane in Moneyball to inform Dusty that he will not be batting Cozart second? If that ever happens, I so want video of that moment.

*Walt marches into the dugout from the clubhouse and looks at the lineup card*

W: "I see you have Cozart batting second still"

D: "That's right. Dude's gotta learn how to bat second plus he's the shortstop. Shortstop hits second, dude."

W: "You will move Cozart to the 8 hole and he will stay there. You will bat someone with an on base % over .300 in the 2 hole the rest of the year. If you do not do this, you will pack your bags after this game and seek employment elsewhere."

*Walt picks up a bat and slams the gatorade cooler on his way back out of the dugout as the PA speakers boom out the WWE walk-in music for Vince McMahon*

*END SCENE*

16. Likes:

toledodan (07-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Red View Post
    I wonder if Walt would ever get to the point where he storms the dugout before a game ala Billy Beane in Moneyball to inform Dusty that he will not be batting Cozart second? If that ever happens, I so want video of that moment.

*Walt marches into the dugout from the clubhouse and looks at the lineup card*

W: "I see you have Cozart batting second still"

D: "That's right. Dude's gotta learn how to bat second plus he's the shortstop. Shortstop hits second, dude."

W: "You will move Cozart to the 8 hole and he will stay there. You will bat someone with an on base % over .300 in the 2 hole the rest of the year. If you do not do this, you will pack your bags after this game and seek employment elsewhere."

*Walt picks up a bat and slams the gatorade cooler on his way back out of the dugout as the PA speakers boom out the WWE walk-in music for Vince McMahon*

*END SCENE*

A good GM would have done that a long time ago, not in that maner, but would have called Dusty into his office and basically informed him that a change needs to occur and if not then "HE" will make a change.

18. Likes:

toledodan (07-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    You've raised your boy right
    Thank you, he loves baseball and the Reds, so I got that part right.

20. Likes:

OC_Red (07-15-2013)

Turn Off Ads?