Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/13/13 - Reds @ Bravos

Re: 7/13/13 - Reds @ Bravos

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    It's not the disagreeing. It's the telling other people how they should think, or making condescending comments about someone else's opinions. I tend to lean toward the positive side, but I also understand a fan critiquing their team, especially in game threads. I participate in Reds, Bengals and UK basketball and football game threads, but this is the only one where a group of posters spend more time talking about other posters' opinions than the game itself.
    You mean like you do every game thread with posts just like this? (And like I'm posting here. Oh cruel irony!)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I never thought I would see the day where someone would say we should leave Manny Parra in a baseball game.

Credit to Parra, he has pitched well lately, but I really thought I would never see the day.

4. Likes:

Raisor (07-13-2013),Red Raindog (07-13-2013),Tony Cloninger (07-13-2013)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Sorry to disagree, hope the thread police don't get me.

Homer gave up a ton of hits to the weakest hitters on the Braves. He allowed a two run double to the pitcher after an 0-2 count.

They didn't hit bombs but it wasn't really weak contact. The balls went through pretty easily.

Homer is a strikeout pitcher and he couldn't put away even the weakest hitters on the Braves, playing without the Upton brothers and Heyward.

Not a good outing.
    He gave up some hits to batters he shouldn't have, yeah. He had 2 ER, 6 IP stuff today. And that's not bad. But he was his own worst enemy today in the field.

That being said, considering the stuff he DOES have, I don't think it would have been crazy to think he should have kept this AAA bunch to 1-2 runs. Even without his own mishaps.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    It's not the disagreeing. It's the telling other people how they should think, or making condescending comments about someone else's opinions. I tend to lean toward the positive side, but I also understand a fan critiquing their team, especially in game threads. I participate in Reds, Bengals and UK basketball and football game threads, but this is the only one where a group of posters spend more time talking about other posters' opinions than the game itself.
    So what happened exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I never thought I would see the day where someone would say we should leave Manny Parra in a baseball game.

Credit to Parra, he has pitched well lately, but I really thought I would never see the day.
    I never thought I would see the day when someone made such cavalier use of hyperbole.

If the Reds can hit a homer between now and the end of the game, I'll accept a loss without complaint.

But it can't be an inside-the-park-job.

I want the Reds to show that they are still capable of hitting one out of the park on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    It just makes the comeback more exciting
    It seriously is going to come down to what Frazier does with his at-bat. He's supposed to be driving in runs and he's just not doing it.

EMAW

I can't believe the Reds are losing, Cozart is not hitting 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It seriously is going to come down to what Frazier does with his at-bat. He's supposed to be driving in runs and he's just not doing it.
    Reds are 5th in the NL in RBI out of the 6th slot

If the Reds can hit a homer between now and the end of the game, I'll accept a loss without complaint.

I want the Reds to show that they are still capable of hitting one out of the park on the road.
    What's a homer? You mean Homer Bailey?

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    I can't believe the Reds are losing, Cozart is not hitting 2nd
    The RH's didn't come through vs a lefty today. Phillips, Frazier and Miller were bad.

Not me.

We had their starter on the ropes...left the bases loaded in the first with one out and then we just laid our bats down after the second inning.

Homer was faced with a sub-par lineup today and he couldn't bail us out.

We're going to lose a game to AAA Richmond. A meaningless solo homer in the 8th or 9th isn't going to make me feel any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Reds are 5th in the NL in RBI out of the 6th slot
    Funny how RBIs become a meaningful stat when they fit the narrative.

The RH's didn't come through vs a lefty today. Phillips, Frazier and Miller were bad.
    I would give Miller a pass...since he isn't paid to hit.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

you expected Miller to fuel the offense?

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

18. Likes:

DocRed (07-13-2013)

Turn Off Ads?