Thread: Reds vs. Braves, Sunday, 07/14

Re: Reds vs. Braves, Sunday, 07/14

Cingrani is nails.

2. Likes:

reds1869 (07-14-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Thanks to Todd Frazier this game has changed completely. If you actually look like a professional half the time at the plate people might give you a pass for screwing the whole game.
    Jeez, I didn't realize Frazier also gave up a bloop double, wasn't able to catch the bloop double from rightfield, and walked two guys while getting no calls from the umpire.

It happened, and it just so happened it got worse after it happened, we don't have to burn Frazier at the stake for it.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

5. Likes:

Falcon7 (07-14-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (07-14-2013)

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Anybody else worried that he dropped that liner to head in to the dugout a bit quickly and the the ump as going to act like it was a juggle?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Come on, you know exactly what I mean. I respect your opinion a lot but the Reds have almost certainly lost enough games on plays like that to be on the lead pace. But I'll drop it because I don't have the desire to gather evidence to back what my eyes tell me.
    The Reds defense has not led to 6 losses.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Anybody else worried that he dropped that liner to head in to the dugout a bit quickly and the the ump as going to act like it was a juggle?
    Multiple gasps in my living room.

Come on, you know exactly what I mean. I respect your opinion a lot but the Reds have almost certainly lost enough games on plays like that to be on the lead pace. But I'll drop it because I don't have the desire to gather evidence to back what my eyes tell me.
    Setting aside the issue of how fair a judge your eyes are, the point still only makes sense if you're going to give the same analysis of games lost (or won) due to "bad luck" to the teams you want to compare the Reds against.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Yea, I'm with you. The Reds are in a battle against themselves, not necessarily other teams. Sure the other teams are playing well, but if you don't hold yourself to the highest standard then you'll never win the WS.
    Just call me Legs

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Perfect bunt. Absolutely flawless.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Tony C!
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Great bunt by Cingrani for a hit

Rookie squeezing by the ump?
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Tony C is a ballplayer
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Watching Cigrani reminds me so much of watching Carlos Zambrano. With Latos, he's clearly a hot-head but he doesn't have the same "I'm going to kill that guy" look...

He can bunt and run!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Perfect bunt. Absolutely flawless.
    Can he play left field and bat second?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?