Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you still listen to a radio?

Do you still listen to a radio?

I don't know when the last time I actually listened to a radio. I have downloaded Iheart radio and Tune in radio on my phone. I have a charger/speaker at both home and work. Do you still listen to a radio?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Do you still listen to a radio?

I listen to it while driving. I have an older car that doesn't have an auxiliary port, so hooking up my phone to listen to music isn't easy. I bought an FM transmitter, but it is terrible because the FCC limits how strong it can transmit and since I live in a city with a station on nearly every spot on the dial, it hardly ever works. With that said, I would still listen to the radio at times. I listen to plenty of sports talk radio. Heck, I even listen to it on the computer when I am at home.

edit

I should add that even if I had a newer car with an auxiliary input, I would still listen to plenty of radio for the music. First, there is plenty of music on the radio that is just fine by my tastes. I don't buy much music, though what I do isn't going to be on the radio. I don't know what everyone else is like when it comes to music, but I listen to certain types of music based on how my mood is. So I would be all over the place between my phone and the radio depending on the day.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 07-13-2013 at 03:22 PM.

I listen to the radio in the car. Listen to my phone at work and home

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I listen to it while driving. I have an older car that doesn't have an auxiliary port, so hooking up my phone to listen to music isn't easy. I bought an FM transmitter, but it is terrible because the FCC limits how strong it can transmit and since I live in a city with a station on nearly every spot on the dial, it hardly ever works. With that said, I would still listen to the radio at times. I listen to plenty of sports talk radio. Heck, I even listen to it on the computer when I am at home.

edit

I should add that even if I had a newer car with an auxiliary input, I would still listen to plenty of radio for the music. First, there is plenty of music on the radio that is just fine by my tastes. I don't buy much music, though what I do isn't going to be on the radio. I don't know what everyone else is like when it comes to music, but I listen to certain types of music based on how my mood is. So I would be all over the place between my phone and the radio depending on the day.
    Same for me... I have a 2006 Pontiac G6. The FM transmitter I bought is only good half the time and then only when I'm on vacation - in the city it's useless. Listen in the morning going to work and coming home at night because of the traffic and weather reports. Some stations I listen to have different content satellite vs terrestrial (ex: when WTUE broadcasts "Breakfast with the Beatles" on Sunday mornings - the satellite version sometimes plays non-Beatle tunes (?!) doesn't happen every time - but I've never sent a email to find out why). Listen to all kinds of music, sports talk, and certain shows on NPR (no talk radio anywhere please!). Never seem to have enough FM pre-sets since I live sort of in-between Cincinnati and Dayton picking up a lot of stations. Have one country pre-set (94.1) but that's only because I haven't decided which FM station to change it to.

Isn't there a thread somewhere discussing radio stations?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

All the time.

95.7 QMF

Sometimes a little 1530 but not too often.

I listen to satellite radio on occasion too.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Heck yeah! 97.1 The Fan from Columbus, 95.3 The Eagle and 92.9 in Dayton.

I just try and avoid all the clowns on 700 at all costs.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

XM most of the time, 700 for the ball games.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I have Sirius XM. I only use it to listen to Howard Stern. Once he retires, so will my subscription.

I listen to WVXU, WNKU or WGUC in the car during my commute, though I listen to music on my Sync system if I'm in the mood for something in particular. The only time I listen to the radio at home is if the Reds or Xavier are on.

I listen in the car all the time. Although I don't drive that much anymore since I take public transportation to work most days. I usually have it on the all news station or the sports station in DC. I just dropped Sirius/XM. I found I just didn't listen to it much anymore and couldn't justify spending $20 a month on it. I really didn't have any other problem with them. I use my Kindle Fire with the MLB at Bat app if I want listen to a game. I have plenty of tunes on my Kindle or laptop if I want to listen to music.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The Fly out of Dayton. They play anything!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

13. Likes:

dabvu2498 (07-15-2013)

I listen to most Reds games on the radio whether in my car or at home.

I drive an older vehicle too (2000 F-150) but use the tape deck and one of those old school walkman to cassette adapters to listen to streaming radio from my phone.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I listen to live radio almost exclusively. Granted, all of it is streamed through my phone or iPad, and very little of it is local (except WVXU in the mornings), but almost all of what I listen to is live radio from somewhere. Just about the only time I go to my music library is if something I hear on a broadcast spurs a desire to hear a particular song I know I have.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Absolutely yes to still listening to the radio, and I hope that never changes. I listen to Eddie and Tracy every day on my drive home. By the time I leave the house in the morning, I'm just about fed up with iPhones, iPads and anything else iRelated. My 18-month old nephew is seriously addicted to his iPad and his 6-month old brother isn't far behind. Every kid in our extended family, including my own two kids, can't go ten minutes without their phones and/or iPads. It drives me crazy.

/end rant

My drive to work is close to an hour both ways, prefer to listen to the radio so i can catch the news as well. Mostly listen to a 24 hours sports station.
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

Turn Off Ads?