Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul D - Small Sample

High five!

Re: Paul D - Small Sample

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The Phillips bashing on this site is mind-boggling.
    I'm failing to see any "bashing" going on.

Bashing is usually:

"Dude sucks because REASONS!

I think you might want to dial back the sensitivity a bit.

2. Likes:

Razor Shines (07-16-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I learned a long time ago that Paul Daugherty's columns are pure drivel and are not even worth reading. I haven't read one of his columns in 10 years and I have no plans to read them in the future either. I can pick up the Enquirer Sports page and not have even the slightest temptation to read his work.

He is a prime example of a pencil-necked geek who got hired because of his journalism degree rather than any knowledge of sports in general or baseball in particular. He doesn't have even a basic understanding of baseball or any other sport for that matter. He is good with words though, and that is why he is still employed. If he were actually a skilled sports writer he would have moved on to a bigger, better gig a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The "bashing" please tell me who is "bashing"

I don't see any bashing I just see people not falling all over themselves to give a guy credit beyond what he deserves while the guy who deserves credit getting slammed because he's got less RBIs but better numbers all over the diamond.
    Votto is getting "slammed"? I don't see a single negative post about JV in this thread, nor should there be. On the other hand, I see exactly one post that's even slightly complimentary of BP. That's how the BP threads always go.

Not sarcasm at all. Every time someone starts a thread that's complimentary of Brandon Phillips, it immediately turns into a discussion about his negatives. Every single time.
    Perhaps you need to re-read the thread? This thread was not a complimentary thread about Brandon Phillips, but rather one devoted to the utter ridiculousness of an article written by Paul Daugherty. Furthermore, there hasn't been any bashing going on. If you want to make a stand about perceived "bashing" of BP, you need to do it in a thread where it is actually relevant.

7. Likes:

IntheCards (07-17-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    Perhaps you need to re-read the thread? This thread was not a complimentary thread about Brandon Phillips, but rather one devoted to the utter ridiculousness of an article written by Paul Daugherty. Furthermore, there hasn't been any bashing going on. If you want to make a stand about perceived "bashing" of BP, you need to do it in a thread where it is actually relevant.
    Yeah I don't whats up here, is one of us replying to the wrong tab or something?

Not sarcasm at all. Every time someone starts a thread that's complimentary of Brandon Phillips, it immediately turns into a discussion about his negatives. Every single time.
    That's not why the thread was started. Please read again.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Saying that Votto is more valuable than Phillips doesn't qualify as bashing Phillips. Far from it.

Brandon is a very good player, but Votto is one of the most elite players in the sport.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I'm offended that Doc thinks "the club" is a proper noun. He seriously capitalized "The Club" when referring to the Reds. Way to know grammar, P-Doc.

He did convince me to see things his way when he pointed out that Cozart has more doubles than Votto. No, wait, he didn't.

What a hack. Very disappointing, but not surprising. The only thing missing in that rambling piece was him talking about how he's a big Pirate fan. Oh, he did mention that. Never mind. Reds fans really care about reading whether some hack is upset about a Pirates reliever making the All-Star game because he thinks said reliever is being overused. Are all the jobs in Pittsburgh already taken, Petunia?
    Last edited by Blitz Dorsey; 07-15-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    If you want to bash Daugherty, I'm all for it. If you want to compliment Joey Votto, I'm all in. But we both know this thread had no chance of being complimentary towards BP.

And the tradition of Cincinnati writers and hence, Cincinnati fans, totally undervaluing their best players continues. I thought it would end with Votto. How wrong I was.

14. Likes:

Always Red (07-15-2013)

If you want to bash Daugherty, I'm all for it. If you want to compliment Joey Votto, I'm all in. But we both know this thread had no chance of being complimentary towards BP.
    It is still not about Phillips, it is about Paul D downgrading what Votto has done in comparison to what Phillips has done. I am not even that much of a numbers guy when it comes to making my points at all, I am that visual guy who prefers to go by what I see on a day to day, AB to AB basis....which would not make me a fun person to chat with a 100% Saber inclined guy. Yet you seem to be confused as to how this is not a bashing of Phillips thread....and how Paul D, along with Thom and Marty seem to want to turn Votto into Adam Dunn.

I don't think RZ is as smart as they think they are.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

17. Likes:

Raisor (07-15-2013),TRF (07-16-2013)

Why not?? That dude has 74 Ribeyes, 2nd in the NL! Tied for the lead of the NL in Sac Flies! Gold glove defense! Great fan relations! All Star 2nd baseman!

(That Votto dudes' pretty good too).
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

19. Likes:

Always Red (07-15-2013)

Votto is getting "slammed"? I don't see a single negative post about JV in this thread, nor should there be. On the other hand, I see exactly one post that's even slightly complimentary of BP. That's how the BP threads always go.
    Yes, by Daugherty he is, he's getting the short end of the stick... now I started the thread and PD said BP is the MVP, I say that's BS.

If that's a slam then I don't know what to say other than it's not

Well of course it won't if you keep coming into it and trying to paint your perceived slight as to why the damn thing was posted.

Turn Off Ads?