Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2016

College Football 2016

Look who (or should I say Whooooooo) is showing up at Michigan's signing day.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...he-stars-event
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: College Football 2016

I've read about this thing they are doing. Why are they doing it? I don't quite get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Why are they doing it?

I think it has something to do with Harbaugh being a lunatic.

I've read about this thing they are doing. Why are they doing it? I don't quite get it.
    I'm guessing that they are trying to make signing day an event. Sign with Michigan and you get to meet and greet with all these people.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm guessing that they are trying to make signing day an event. Sign with Michigan and you get to meet and greet with all these people.
    Yeah I guess so. I mean normally the kids aren't on campus on signing day though, which makes this all a little weird.

Yeah I guess so. I mean normally the kids aren't on campus on signing day though, which makes this all a little weird.
    Maybe that's something that gets them to come and sign there and have a shindig. I dunno. It used to be that spring games was some sort of casual affair that drew a handful of people. Now they are filling places like Ohio Stadium and the games are shown on ESPN.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Maybe that's something that gets them to come and sign there and have a shindig. I dunno. It used to be that spring games was some sort of casual affair that drew a handful of people. Now they are filling places like Ohio Stadium and the games are shown on ESPN.
    True enough. Maybe they will start a trend. Might be a bit of an uphill battle since most of the kids don't live right by campus and it technically is a school day.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Schools have been having signing day events of some kind for awhile now. They're generally fan events, not welcome parties for the signees themselves. But since Michigan's is invite-only, it's not clear who it's for, exactly.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

The NCAA has banned satellite camps effective immediately.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ve-immediately
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I read an article where people in Michigan were complaining because it meant that the team couldn't utilize Sound Body Sound Mind because its outside the radius of Ann Arbor. Nevermind that Harbaugh wanted to do spring practice in Florida.

I understand times have changed and most if not all college assignments are done online, but if you commit to play in the Big Ten or Big 12, you should be preparing yourself to play in those elements, not going for an over glorified spring break.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

This is absolute BS...........this affects kids. Jesus, can the NCAA ever get anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    This is absolute BS...........this affects kids. Jesus, can the NCAA ever get anything right?
    I agree the NCAA sucks and messes up pretty much everything, but how does this affect kids?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I read an article where people in Michigan were complaining because it meant that the team couldn't utilize Sound Body Sound Mind because its outside the radius of Ann Arbor. Nevermind that Harbaugh wanted to do spring practice in Florida.

I understand times have changed and most if not all college assignments are done online, but if you commit to play in the Big Ten or Big 12, you should be preparing yourself to play in those elements, not going for an over glorified spring break.
    Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I agree the NCAA sucks and messes up pretty much everything, but how does this affect kids?
    The new rule makes it so the prospective student athlete has to go from camp to camp to be seen. Where as in the past a kid could go to one camp and be seen by multiple schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    The new rule makes it so the prospective student athlete has to go from camp to camp to be seen. Where as in the past a kid could go to one camp and be seen by multiple schools.
    I guess I need to read more on it, I thought it was simply that colleges can't do team camps away from home like Michigan wanting to take their team to Fl for their team camp. I thought high school camps could still be wherever, I don't see how the NCAA can regulate what high schools do (although I am sure the NCAA thinks they can do whatever they want to whoever they want whenever they want).
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I guess I need to read more on it, I thought it was simply that colleges can't do team camps away from home like Michigan wanting to take their team to Fl for their team camp. I thought high school camps could still be wherever, I don't see how the NCAA can regulate what high schools do (although I am sure the NCAA thinks they can do whatever they want to whoever they want whenever they want).
    That's my understanding as well. I don't know what kind of camps AH is referring to. Hopefully he'll clarify

Turn Off Ads?