Ok, lot's of discussion about steroids/HGH in lots of threads, so I thought I would try to itemize all the issues of discussion into a single thread. This also makes it easier for those who want to avoid the continual steroid discussions, since they can just skip this thread. Here is what I think the issues in dispute are in no particular order:
1) How much evidence is needed for a RedsZone poster to allege steroid use by a player? (This is a morality rather than rules or law based questions)
2) How much evidence is needed before a player can be punished for steroid use? (This is a Ryan Braun type issue)
3) What is the appropriate punishment by MLB for a steroid user?
4) What is role of the fan concerning the whole steroid issue?
5) How much of a threat was/are steroids to professional baseball? (This would include the discussion of the effect steroids had on game play)
6) Should we look at the stats from the steroid era differently?
7) Did any Reds ever take steroids?
Can anyone think of any others I am missing?
(I am now going to reply to this with my thoughts on some of these issues, but they should be separate from this intro thread)