Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Harvey Being Awesome

Matt Harvey Being Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Likes:

Always Red (07-16-2013),Boss-Hog (07-15-2013),Bumstead (07-16-2013),cumberlandreds (07-16-2013),Cyclone792 (07-16-2013),Falcon7 (07-15-2013),Larkin Fan (07-16-2013),mbgrayson (07-16-2013),OnBaseMachine (07-16-2013),Red in Chicago (07-16-2013),RedEye (07-16-2013),reds1869 (07-15-2013),RedsManRick (07-16-2013),texasdave (07-16-2013),TSJ55 (07-16-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Matt Harvey Being Awesome

That was awesome.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I'm pretty sure I would recognize every Reds player if I saw them on the street, but this has me second guessing.

On the other hand, lol mets (and by extension, lol mets fans.)

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-15-2013)

Thank you for posting this. It is just great.

8. Likes:

Falcon7 (07-15-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

You can be wearing a Matt Harvey jersey and not know that it is Matt Harvey. Right? Come on.

Haha that's brilliant.

My mate plays professional footy down here but is only a rookie who hasn't played many, we did a similar thing and asked if any one recognised him.....took about 100 people before someone did.
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

11. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-15-2013)

Pretty funny. To be fair to Mets fans, I'm sure all the people who recognized him right away ended up on the cutting room floor. Just like I bet Jay Leno has to go through dozens of people before finding the idiots they get for his Jaywalking segments.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

13. Likes:

Joseph (07-16-2013)

Very good! I wouldn't have known Matt Harvey either. But again I'm not a Mets fan.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Harvey has a great sense of humor
    sorry we're boring

High five!

That was pretty awesome.

I do not think I would recognize him, especially in New York. He is very average looking, there really is nothing about him that stands out.

Same with Zach Cozart. If I was walking through the mall and Zach Cozart walked by me in normal clothes I would not look twice at him.

Johnny Cueto on the other hand would stick out like a sore thumb.

Zack Cozart is dreamy. I would recognize him in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

19. Likes:

Red in Chicago (07-17-2013),vaticanplum (07-16-2013)

I watched him when he was at UNC and knew he would be special. I got to meet him several times and he was always pretty cool, neat to see him doing so well.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I've never run into a baseball player in person, but I did have former Bengal Eddie Brown introduce himself to me at a KFC in Miami. My son and I happened to be wearing our Reds hats, and the man standing in front of us in line asked if we were from Cincinnati. I said "yes" and then he said "I used to play there." When I asked where, I assumed he was a UC or Xavier alum or something... but then he said "I played for the Bengals." I suddenly was able to put two and two together and realized he was the same guy I watched catch so many passes from Boomer Esiason in my youth!

Had he not said anything, I would not have been able to tell who he was other than the guy in front of me ordering a pot pie. Incidentally, Eddie now works for a law firm in Miami and is still trying to get his injury settlement worked out with the Bengals (that's the downer part about the story I'm afraid).

Anyway, I know this is a bit off topic, but I just wanted to share the story.

22. Likes:

Always Red (07-16-2013),Joseph (07-16-2013),kaldaniels (07-16-2013),reds1869 (07-16-2013)

Reminds me of a clip I saw last year where Huston Street walked around NYC asking people if they knew where Huston Street was

Turn Off Ads?