Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Make Billy Hamilton Available...

Re: Make Billy Hamilton Available...

We reincarnated Billy Hamilton from the original because we're RedsZone and we're good!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy17 View Post
    I'm just curious. Why Hasn't Billy Hamilton been brought up this year? .
    .306 OBP at AAA

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gfas View Post
    .306 OBP at AAA
    ^^^

Dude can fly, but right now, he can't get on base.

like herb washington

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Billy Hamilton, Daniel Corcino, Kyle Lotzkar, Neftali Soto, and Logan Ondrusek for Mark Trumbo and Ernesto Frieri. Book it
    Angels have Trout, Bourjos and Josh Hamilton already for the forseeable future. They also have young 4th and 5th outfielders, Shuck and Calhoun. I dont think they would hold much value over Billy Hamilton.

Theyd want young ML ready starting pitching after the Haren trade. Cingrani?

Watched the Bats last night (went to see Ludwick, who looked good). Billy Hamilton can't hit to save his life, and the Bats had a good night against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. It's like the ball is baffling him. Also, he looks very slight and short in comparison to the other AAA players.
    "I had a cigar in my back pocket...I didn't wanna break it." - Bartholomew "Bump" Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by KYBatsFan View Post
    Watched the Bats last night (went to see Ludwick, who looked good). Billy Hamilton can't hit to save his life, and the Bats had a good night against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. It's like the ball is baffling him. Also, he looks very slight and short in comparison to the other AAA players.
    Didn't he go 2 for 4 with 2 SBs?

I believe he was 2-5. Trust me, he didn't look good.
    "I had a cigar in my back pocket...I didn't wanna break it." - Bartholomew "Bump" Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by KYBatsFan View Post
    I believe he was 2-5. Trust me, he didn't look good.
    Disappointing. I wonder what has messed him up so badly? I know the quality of pitching is a jump, but I also know that oftentimes it's not THAT great a leap...Hopefully it's a correctable thing and he can become competent at the dish.

Will Billy see The Show in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy17 View Post
    Will Billy see The Show in September?
    I would hope so...you can't coach the kind of speed he has. Even if it means a pinch-running gig, he should get a taste. I am talking when rosters expand, I would not include him on the post season roster however unless he proves he can hit a bit more.

post season roster seems a shade optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by bob jones View Post
    post season roster seems a shade optimistic
    I disagree.....having someone you can toss in late in the game as pinch runner and scare the day lights out of the opposing pitcher when the 1 run is needed....or pinch hitting and the threat of a bunt does wonders against teams who are either up 1 run or down 1 run....some teams just can't play well when speed is on the base paths against them......I would love to have billy on the postseason roster.....it's not like he can't mirror what Ceasar is doing, at least for a few weeks.

what I meant was post season is optimistic as this team is quite marginal

Suggesting that the Reds will make the postseason is not being optimistic. Look, I am none too thrilled with the way our boys have played the last two months, but they are STILL 4.5 up on the second wild card in spite of the below .500 run they've had.

I was pretty down after the teeth kicking we got yesterday, but the bottomline is with just over 50 to play the Reds still are in the thick of the playoffs.

Now, do they need to step it up and NOW? Absolutely. I don't deny that one bit. I do deny that the sky is falling however. Go Reds!

Turn Off Ads?