Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Keeping Little League Stats

Keeping Little League Stats

Mods - please move if this should appear elsewhere.

Has anyone ever put together a spreadsheet that will track your son or daughter's hits, outs, etc. and then compute stats like their batting average or on base percentage? Or should I say, has anyone found a really good App for doing this? I suppose I could create this on excel, but why re-create the wheel when I'm sure it has already been done very successfully by someone else?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Keeping Little League Stats

If you score the games for your team, Game Changer is very good.

4. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (07-18-2013)

I thought this post was going to be about the Astros.

6. Likes:

dabvu2498 (07-18-2013),jojo (07-18-2013),LexRedsFan (07-19-2013),mdccclxix (07-18-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (07-18-2013)

This is the excel sheet I use to keep track of my sons stats. I only keep their stats and not the teams. All apps I have seen make it difficult to track only one player. So I just use a memo on my phone and score while at the game then put it on excel sheet when I get home. Like how I can keep seasons all on one page so they can see the improvement from one to the next.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...49478099,d.dmg

When I was a kid years ago in grade school the guys in my class kept track of HRs hit through the year. One year I hit 108 HRs.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

iscore is solid. Takes practice though.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    If you score the games for your team, Game Changer is very good.
    I liked GameChanger, but I only used it for a few games at the end of the season. And I had the free version. I found it hard to correct mistakes in real time and I never found a way to display a tradtional scorebook view. I entered all of my teams' rosters well in advance, but had trouble importing them when needed.

I'm guessing with more time and possibly the paid version these problems would have been solved.

For a Level Playing Field

Brings back memories of the some of the parents who kept their kids stats from back in my day... their kid hardly ever made an out and never got on base due to a fielding error (or a walk). That kid was batting near 0.900 according to mom and/or dad (and not directed towards the OP!!).

Of course everyone has their own... but the best scorebook for LL baseball IMO is the one that only shows that little Johnny/Suzie reached base and does not show how. If an out was made then the out number (1, 2 or 3) with a circle around it goes in Johnny/Suzie's box for that inning. Sorry for turning the discussion, but nuthin' worse than the "ridiculous" LL parent. And of course not all LL parents are, but we all know the type.

12. Likes:

lollipopcurve (07-18-2013)

My wife has kept the book for most of the teams that my son has played for. She is brutally honest with her scoring and that hasn't always been a popular thing with some of the kids and their parents. Once the kids got used to it, they did understand the difference between a hit and reaching on an error. It was always hilarious how the other teams had kids hitting .850 to .900 and ours never touched that. It's kind of interesting that in looking at our high school end of season stats this season, it seems that some of that little league scoring is still going on.

14. Likes:

919191 (07-18-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (07-18-2013),remdog (07-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    When I was a kid years ago in grade school the guys in my class kept track of HRs hit through the year. One year I hit 108 HRs.
    Sounds like your mother packed juice boxes in your lunch....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post

I think Kelly claimed to be hitting .891 at one point while trying to impress the ladies.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?