Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving into a Clifton apartment - anything I should expect? (Crime?)

Re: Moving into a Clifton apartment - anything I should expect? (Crime?)

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    I'm totally skeeved out
    So it probably won't help to let you know Chicago topped Orkin's new list of cities with most bed bug exterminations, eh?

Bed bugs are a huge problem in Cincinnati for sure. I work in the city schools and see or hear of bed bugs every day. My wife won't even go to the movies anymore because they are so easily spread there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Are you a UC student? If you are, I recommend taking their shuttle to campus. The climb up MLK isn't enjoyable.

On the crime front, the convenience store at the bottom of MLK has been hit a few times over recent years.

I second Bob Sheed's Thai Express recommendation.
    I'll third it. That place is good. Also, one of the few reasons I miss living in Clifton is having Cilantro as a neighbor.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Are you a UC student? If you are, I recommend taking their shuttle to campus. The climb up MLK isn't enjoyable.

On the crime front, the convenience store at the bottom of MLK has been hit a few times over recent years.

I second Bob Sheed's Thai Express recommendation.
    I think that convencience store is no longer there - torn down as part of the I-75 reconstruction. Not sure how that's all going to be reconfigured down there, but I'm fairly sure it was gone.

And there are coupons for Thai Express in the Bearcash books that you'll find in free newstands around the area (as well as other great places).

I think the info given about being attentive to your surroundings and when you're coming and going places is a must for any living in a city. What Paint said about the Bearcat shuttle is good and looking at their routes, it goes right by your place (see https://uc.doublemap.com/map/). I'm not a student but am in Clifton regularly - our parish is UC's Newman Center - and my Dad lives on Riddle Road at the nursing home there, plus my wife & I frequent restaurants and Esquire Theater.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Sorry, I wasn't more clear in my earlier post. Clifton Colony and The Forum run their own shuttle to campus.

Although I checked out UC's map of their real-time shuttles, they've really increased the number of routes from when I was a student. It was a pretty big deal at the time when they started the service, and I'm glad to see they've expanded it since.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?